Mac mini and powerbook February 2006

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Realistic guesses please. So what do you think they will have at that time? Not just vote but give more detailed specs and prices. Oh and where do you think the iPod and ipod mini is?

redundant thread? No because 9 month from now I will go to an Apple store and behave like a king

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    m.o.s.tm.o.s.t Posts: 255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Realistic guesses please. So what do you think they will have at that time? Not just vote but give more detailed specs and prices. Oh and where do you think the iPod and ipod mini is?

redundant thread? No because 9 month from now I will go to an Apple store and behave like a king

Mac mini will go to G4 1.67 GHz next

Mini on an update every 6 months or so

PowerBook will hold on to G4 till 2006, my guess

Next thing to go G5 will be the eMac

Likely this month (the few days left)

The eMac will have the G5 speeds from the current iMac

iMac goes up to 2.0 Ghz

PowerMac with an average update
  • Reply 2 of 5
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M.O.S.T

iMac goes up to 2.0 Ghz

I am thinking along the same lines more or less. I believe that the Powerbook will get the MPC7448 this autumn, or at the MWSF the latest. The mini will probably get what the Powerbook has right now. I don't think its volume will let it get a G5 anytime soon (Powerbook fate).
  • Reply 3 of 5
    i could see the next step for the PowerBook being dual core or maybe a "mobile" version of the G5
  • Reply 4 of 5
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M.O.S.T

iMac goes up to 2.0 Ghz

Hmm...I don't see the eMac going G5 this month. The eMac is a low cost all in one for education users who want a comprehensive solution. The G5 is just to expensive to put in machines like the eMac right now while having the eMac retain its price. If the eMac did go G5, my guess would be it would come in 2 flavors, 1.6 Ghz and 1.8 ghz. If I were apple, I would NOT put the G5 chip in the eMac because this would take the limelight off the iMac G5 in terms of sales somewhat. For this same reasons, I dont find the G5 chip in the mac next year for 2006. PowerBook: I think that Apple is doing everything they can to pack features and G5 power into a laptop. The problem right now is power consumption which ultimatly leads to heating problems and battery life issues. Apple is on the cusp of developing a lower power consumption G5 chip...and as soon as they do...its boom boom boom...and they will release it as soon as possible.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    m.o.s.tm.o.s.t Posts: 255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

Hmm...I don't see the eMac going G5 this month. The eMac is a low cost all in one for education users who want a comprehensive solution. The G5 is just to expensive to put in machines like the eMac right now while having the eMac retain its price. If the eMac did go G5, my guess would be it would come in 2 flavors, 1.6 Ghz and 1.8 ghz. If I were apple, I would NOT put the G5 chip in the eMac because this would take the limelight off the iMac G5 in terms of sales somewhat. For this same reasons, I dont find the G5 chip in the mac next year for 2006. PowerBook: I think that Apple is doing everything they can to pack features and G5 power into a laptop. The problem right now is power consumption which ultimatly leads to heating problems and battery life issues. Apple is on the cusp of developing a lower power consumption G5 chip...and as soon as they do...its boom boom boom...and they will release it as soon as possible.

The ONLY reason I think it will be G5 is......

Last ReleasetApril 13, 2004

Days Since Updatet375 (Average = 179)

New form factor? G5 mother board ?! -Thats the delay?