Perpetual Quad-core PowerMac Speculation

Comments

• Reply 41 of 64
    dave jdave j Posts: 84member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Performa636CD

i need to savor this last bit of inside information as much as i can

You said earlier that you were only told the 'when' on the PM. Fine. And congrats on getting it in the first place. But it seems to me that once your bit has been realized, won't the savoring then turn to gall? And couldn't that be prevented if you shared your bit with your friends?
  • Reply 42 of 64
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave J

You said earlier that you were only told the 'when' on the PM. Fine. And congrats on getting it in the first place. But it seems to me that once your bit has been realized, won't the savoring then turn to gall? And couldn't that be prevented if you shared your bit with your friends?

perhaps
  • Reply 43 of 64
    Apple just completed two rather important Expo events

giving them plenty of opportunity to hear the needs and wants

of serious IT buyers and other industry professionals.

We have roughly 6 weeks now till WWDC

My gut feelings tell me that we will see not only a dual core powered Pro-line workstation, but also a next generation dual core XServe.

This does not mean that Apple will be forced to retire the G5 PowerMacs.

A PowerBook style price drop along with a speed bump and graphics upgrade will certainly help to move the existing chassis and that will be enough computer for most users.

There is also huge demand for desktop replacement portables

along with HD quality displays, but no one knows how Apple

will answer "the mother of all thermal challenges" or when.

If Apple bumps the PowerMacs before WWDC, then all I expect is a minor

revision, but then what should we expect at WWDC?

the mind boggles
  • Reply 44 of 64
    Quote:

well, i did make an e-mail account where i sent myself a message a few weeks ago, explaining the "secret" i knew. I even had a friend send an e-mail to it to verify the exact date i sent the e-mail with the "secret" i could use this to prove my insider knowledge. then again, it's not that you guys doubt me, but rather want some hints, huh? well, i can't do that; oh well\

This is the greatest heap of dung I've heard in a while. What the hell is the point of "confirming" your insider status if you aren't going to tell anyone what you know? So you prove to yourself that you're an insider? Listen, if you really had any info, you wouldn't need to prove that you had it! Either you spill the beans, or you keep mum. Taunting us with nothing only makes me think you're a tool.

Here at AI, being an "insider" means absolutely nothing. Divulging insider info is what earns you status, and so far you've said squat-SQUAT! Not the time, the place, nor the product. Nothing. I say you're full of shit. Prove that you aren't.
  • Reply 45 of 64
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Maybe, just maybe, I know something, too. Maybe not. That's all you'll get out of me. Does that make me an insider?.
  • Reply 46 of 64
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

This is the greatest heap of dung I've heard in a while. What the hell is the point of "confirming" your insider status if you aren't going to tell anyone what you know? So you prove to yourself that you're an insider? Listen, if you really had any info, you wouldn't need to prove that you had it! Either you spill the beans, or you keep mum. Taunting us with nothing only makes me think you're a tool.

Here at AI, being an "insider" means absolutely nothing. Divulging insider info is what earns you status, and so far you've said squat-SQUAT! Not the time, the place, nor the product. Nothing. I say you're full of shit. Prove that you aren't.

i'm not gonna deny my immaturity in taunting the fact that i know something you don't. i admit to doing it and have no regrets.
  • Reply 47 of 64
    I say we hog tie him and cover his feet with molases,

then take him to a petting zoo and wait til he screams uncle.
  • Reply 48 of 64
    Quote:

i'm not gonna deny my immaturity in taunting the fact that i know something you don't. i admit to doing it and have no regrets.

It's a pretty smart group here at AI, and I reckon that each one of us knows a few things nobody else does. It adds to the diversity here, but it's not something to brag about.

I personally and officially promise to give you a blow job if you spill the beans and the info is confirmed to be accurate. Hows that for a payoff on being right? The ball's in your court, bud. Be nice and I might even tea-bag you.
  • Reply 49 of 64
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Oh, not again .
  • Reply 50 of 64
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

I personally and officially promise to give you a blow job if you spill the beans and the info is confirmed to be accurate. Hows that for a payoff on being right? The ball's in your court, bud. Be nice and I might even tea-bag you.

oh that note, i'll just keep quiet
  • Reply 51 of 64
  • Reply 52 of 64
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

oh that note, i'll just keep quiet

Don't dismiss the idea so readily - he's quite good.
  • Reply 53 of 64
    oh, i have absolutely no doubt about that!
  • Reply 54 of 64
    Then again......

We could dress the lil varmit in pink leather chaps

and hand cuff him to the prettiest scooter in front

of a San Francisco biker bar.
  • Reply 55 of 64
    eric_zeric_z Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

[Picture of white tiger]

Awww.
  • Reply 56 of 64
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

Don't dismiss the idea so readily - he's quite good.

i did a search and, man... he promissed that a lot in the last couple of years so don't keep your hopes up.
  • Reply 57 of 64
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Well now, I never said he wasn't a little fucking tease, now did I?
  • Reply 58 of 64
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Jdawg, please don't say what you are going do to him if he's lying.
  • Reply 59 of 64
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murk

Jdawg, please don't say what you are going do to him if he's lying.

Oh god help us, no!
  • Reply 60 of 64
    One twerp down, now my bullshit has less competition!