Education Mac OS X Tiger Licensing

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
When I was ordering Mac OS X Tiger in the Educational Online store at http://store.apple.com, I noticed there was only one version of Mac OS X; more specificly, there was no family pack. Does this mean that there are unlimited licenses for the education version within one household?

I was just wondering what the deal was. You'd think that if it was only 1 license, they would still offer the Family Pack either at the same as retail price, or possibly with a discount.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

When I was ordering Mac OS X Tiger in the Educational Online store at http://store.apple.com, I noticed there was only one version of Mac OS X; more specificly, there was no family pack. Does this mean that there are unlimited licenses for the education version within one household?

I was just wondering what the deal was. You'd think that if it was only 1 license, they would still offer the Family Pack either at the same as retail price, or possibly with a discount.

nope - just a standard license - 1desktop+1laptop (I usualy bend my windows licensed to 2 desktops because I have no laptop) Apple just does this to cut students a break and allow student developers to have the latest technology for a more affordable price because they want us students (particularly CS and IT) to be up to date with the latest software in the apple platform - MS often does the same thing through colleges and universities.

The license is for one seat- not one dorm or house (although I doubt any one would notice or care ) but do at your own risk
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mat79mat79 Posts: 40member
    the Austrian Edu Store had Tiger Family packs for 99? for a day or two, but they are gone now.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    The UK store had Family Packs in the Education store for £59, but vanished the next day. When I called they admitted it was a mistake.