What Computer Does Steve Jobs Have at Home?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
dont ask...im just curious...i assume he has the dual 2.5 Ghz PowerMac with an X800 XT and dual 30 inch displays with dual 250 Gb drives and 8 Gb of ram...

or maybe a G5 Powerbook...

or maybe a dual dual 3Ghz PowerMac...

or maybe a Dell!!!!

well whatever he has at home...i hope he bought applecare...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    hes probably got every single computer apple ever released while he was in control, and a dell aswell, just to remind himself how good his operating system is.

dont you think its about time apple bought back its shares from M$?
  • Reply 2 of 20
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    He used to run NeXT on a Toshiba laptop when he was first iCEO, right?
  • Reply 3 of 20
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Just until Mac OS X was finished.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    I bet Jobs actually hates Apple and all Apple products. He just designs that stuff to make money. At home, he has an Intel computer running Genuine Microsoft Windows, which he built himself from parts bought on Newegg. For his musical tastes, he has a Windows Media Center, with a subscription to MSN Music.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    He doesn't use a computer, he has 100 nude women scattered around his house. They cater to him, and do all his computer work also.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Who cares?
  • Reply 7 of 20
    Steve Jobs goes home? I thought he lived in the office.
  • Reply 8 of 20
    macmediamacmedia Posts: 152member
    On a side note the Wif was watching an old Newlywed game yesterday. I poked my head in at the end to see what the grand prize was. I made the comment that I loved that part of the show cause it's like going back in a time machine. Ugly furniture, kitchen appliances in Harvest Gold, entertainment centers with 8-tracks. Well, I hit the motherlode. They lucky couple won an Apple IIe with a printer. My wife and I had a big chuckle over the features (esp. the RAM).

Chas
  • Reply 9 of 20
    Everyone knows Steve's computer of choice is a Newton 2 running OS X lite.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    I actually won't be surprised if he really does have some PC because of his work with Pixar. I know they are working on moving to the PPC but i think they still use x86, IIRC.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

I actually won't be surprised if he really does have some PC because of his work with Pixar. I know they are working on moving to the PPC but i think they still use x86, IIRC.

Currently their renderfarm is mostly x86. I think all the computers people directly use have been Macs for a few years now. Not sure, though.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Steve is just a imaginative figure made up by the advertising agency.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

i assumed so... hes just too good to be true...
  • Reply 14 of 20
    dave jdave j Posts: 84member
    An Osborne.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    zenatekzenatek Posts: 203member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gregmightdothat

Currently their renderfarm is mostly x86. I think all the computers people directly use have been Macs for a few years now. Not sure, though.

Actually up until recently there Workstations were Linux x86s. Had been for a couple of years, but recently they switched to G5's.
  • Reply 16 of 20
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    A G5 with 3 hard drive bays.
  • Reply 17 of 20
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

What Computer Does Steve Jobs Have at Home?

You make it sound as if he has one. He probably has five or more, all synced to the same hard drive over some as-yet-unreleased network sync.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave J

An Osborne.

Does Steve Jobs even have furniture in his house? Seriously, all the stuff I've read about him suggests that he still sleeps on a mattress on the floor of his soon-to-be-torn-down Spanish mansion.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

IIRC, he brought a NeXT Cube with him to Apple and wouldn't use a Mac until, you know, they were up to his specifications.
  • Reply 20 of 20
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

:lol.

do you know why i left the point?