Hey Apple.Com in New Zealand is "Weird"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.apple.co.nz

i just had a look, interesting different design from all the other non-USA official apple websites, for example

http://www.apple.com.au

is just straight off apple.com and 'australianised'....

http://www.applemalaysia.com.my

is also just straight off apple.com and 'malaysia-nised'

kiwis out there,

is Renaissance Ltd a decent company?? just curious how your experience is with them or if you go to a different dealer

edit: coz my uncle's daughter is studying in new zealand (north island i think... umm... yeah...) and he's gonna buy her an iPod shuffle...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Renaissance is the NZ distributor so they are where the buck stops so to speak. The online store came about about a year ago and I think is done as a courtesy more than anything.

Are they reputable? I would say yes.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    reputable??? i guess, but only through lack of options.

They bring in whatever they want, whenever they want. and we have no choice but to sit back and wait (and pay whatever they feel like charging). Given any sort of choice at all, i'd buy from ANYBODY else.....
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I LIKE that design.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by youngjohn

They bring in whatever they want, whenever they want. and we have no choice but to sit back and wait (and pay whatever they feel like charging). Given any sort of choice at all, i'd buy from ANYBODY else.....

in australia there is a customs policy now that essentially anything under $1000 aussie dollars in electronics from outside the country, eg, mac stuff from USA, is let through without much hassle. anything like that in NZ? i got a great deal on Logic Pro 6 through eBay that way... i wouldn't do it too often though \ particularly warranty concerns...
  • Reply 5 of 8
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

I LIKE that design.

yeah one of the best 'apple-reseller' kind of websites i've seen... though most apple reseller websites have that nice polished mac-ish look (Aqua look and feel, for lack of a better description )
  • Reply 6 of 8
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

I LIKE that design.

Yeah, the Apple.com one looks like Jaguar-era Aqua.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by youngjohn

I have used them a few times for repairs to my TiBook and never had any issues with at all.

Typically I would go through MagnumMac but that is due solely to geographical location.

As for the importing side I have had iPods sent to me from the States with no issues at all from import duties. I have also had multiple external HD's sent across as well.

However I think $200 is the "limit", though sometimes you get lucky, other times not.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Well I feel like a dick - just posted in the wrong thread.

Nothing to see here, move along.