Selling 12" iBook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Posted a reply in what I noticed later was a very old thread.

Mods: if this is frowned upon, let me know, I'll edit my post.

Here's the scoop:

I purchased a 12" G4 ibook right after the last refresh, and have since then realized my eyes need a bigger screen.

Here are the specs:

1.2GHz PowerPC G4

512K L2 cache @1.2GHz

12-inch TFT Displays

1024x768 resolution

256MB DDR266 SDRAM

80GB Ultra ATA drive

Combo Drive

ATI Mobility Radeon 9200

32MB DDR video memory

AirPort Extreme built-in

Bluetooth Module built-in

It is in immaculate condition, with only slight scratches on the case from sliding it in and out of a Shinza padded sleeve. The palm rests aren't dirty and the LCD is flawless, no scratches, no dead or stuck pixels. My iBook has about 7 months left on the original warranty, so extended AppleCare can still be purchased for it. I have all of the original accessories and the original packaging as well.

With the upgrades, this cost me $1,174.

I am looking to get $975, plus actual shipping costs.

Reply, PM or email is fine:

[email protected]

Pics:

Not pictured: AC adapter cord (that plugs into the brick, gives you 3 more feet and is a 3-prong plug), and the modem cord (I have 3 or 4 of them boxed up, I will include one).

I am hopefully going to purchase a 14" iBook or an older 15" TiBook with my money. If you have one of these and are interested in a partial trade, I am game. If I end up getting a computer that doesn't use the same ram as the 12" iBook, I'll be throwing that into the mix as well (a one gig chip) for an extra $25. Bargain!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Shouldn't the fact that your computer is used price it at least below what Apple charges for the same book as a refurb?

Nick
  • Reply 2 of 2
    stacystacy Posts: 6member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Shouldn't the fact that your computer is used price it at least below what Apple charges for the same book as a refurb?

Nick

With an 80 gig drive and bluetooth?

I based my prices on what these are going for on eBay.

EDIT: Crapper. They added a TON of 12" iBooks to the refurb section today.

Hmmm... you can't upgrade a refurb.

Well, sold for $975 on eBay within an hour of posting it.