Veronica Mars

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just curious if anyone here watches Veronica Mars. Great show. I think the writers must be huge Apple fans too. There is even a character called 'Mac' and you can guess what her OS of choice is. They show the 15" PowerBook and OS X so much they are practically characters themselves. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it. It's quite a difference from all the other shows where the usual sticker or tape covers the Apple logo.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

Just curious if anyone here watches Veronica Mars. Great show. I think the writers must be huge Apple fans too. There is even a character called 'Mac' and you can guess what her OS of choice is. They show the 15" PowerBook and OS X so much they are practically characters themselves. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it. It's quite a difference from all the other shows where the usual sticker or tape covers the Apple logo.

Yeah, I watch it. The iSight makes the odd appearance or two too.

Got the last few episodes to watch though.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    It's a great show.

The reason they don't cover the Apple logo is that they (presumably) have a deal with Apple's product placement department.

Any shows (Alias) that cover it with a sticker can't reach an agreement with Apple to show it, but use the computers anyway because Apple stuff is cool.

Often Apple will allow TV shows and movies to show it for free, or pay (15 million in the case of Mission Impossible) for the privilege of having Apple stuff on the show.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Love the show!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    i like it but haven't watched it except for the first few episodes, i'm surprised it's on with greedy tv networks being tv networks. i watch house, i think it's on at the same time a VM. i will catch the reruns in the summer
  • Reply 5 of 6
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Electric Monk

It's a great show.

The reason they don't cover the Apple logo is that they (presumably) have a deal with Apple's product placement department.

Any shows (Alias) that cover it with a sticker can't reach an agreement with Apple to show it, but use the computers anyway because Apple stuff is cool.

Often Apple will allow TV shows and movies to show it for free, or pay (15 million in the case of Mission Impossible) for the privilege of having Apple stuff on the show.

i'm seeing way too many Dulls on TV shows and movies nowadays...

but nice one with Alias on season4 at APO using apple laptops despite the sticker... in the main room is it Gateway screens their using ??
  • Reply 6 of 6
    audiobloodaudioblood Posts: 24member
    Veronica Mars is a very good show.It is cool how they do have windows on the show,but everyone who matters uses macs.