Revolution 7.1 Driver Update

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
In case anyone missed it, M-Audio has finally updated their OS X driver(1.4.0):

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers

So far so good. All the pops and cracks I use to get are gone - keeping fingers crossed.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Nice!

What kind of pops and cracks were you experiencing that have now dissapeared?

I'm hoping that they've fixed the problem of the digital out not maintaining an active signal unless sound is playing. This would cause a click prior to every sound that was preceded by silence. This click was probably the amp in my speakers turning on... but I could never verify this.

I'll install tonight and report on whether this is fixed.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Bummer, no mention of 10.4 anywhere...

Quote:

Revolution 7.1 \tApril 12, 2005 \t1.4.0 \t3.33 MB \t Revo71_OSX_1.4.0.dmg

\t \t

\t

Release Notes \t \tMac OS 10.3.8,MacOS 10.2 (Jaguar)

- Unified Input and Output Selection for use with Pro-Recording applications.

- Fixed a problem with Quake III where application would crash or hang by providing a new ?Revolution stereo-only (Quake III)? speaker selection for games like Quake III.

- Fixed a problem with Apple DVD Player in OS X 10.2.8 where surround outputs LR and RR for 5.1 would not output audio.

- Fixed a problem with Circle Surround not working that started with OS X 10.3.3.

- Fixed a problem in OS X.10.2.8 & OS X.3.2 and higher where Circle Surround for any surround speaker set would not work while playing iTunes.

- Fixed a problem with OpenAL support causing problems with Circle Surround II.

- Fixed a problem with buzzing and pops in audio recorded with Apple Logic 7.

- Fixed a problem where selecting Revolution Analog 1/2 for the Input channels in Steinberg Cubase SX 2 would cause application to hang.

- Fixed a problem where 192khz playback becomes noise.

- Fixed a problem where the Uninstaller did not remove Revolution Preferences.

- Fixed a problem where adjusting volume of sound manager control panel that would produce pops in the audio playback.

- Known issue in this release: No audio in Doom3.

• Reply 3 of 4
    tuttletuttle Posts: 301member
    I was getting static/pops changing volume or the first time a sound played after a while of silence and a bunch of other times. I have my 7.1 hooked with the analog cables to a 5.1 system.

I use to get a ton of warning messages in my console log about volume levels being clipped. All of those are gone now with this update. Although I have a few pops/cracks since yesterday, overall the drivers seem significantly better.

There is a little more info at:

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/audio/rev...1_reports.html
  • Reply 4 of 4
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    FINALLY!!!

I'm a little hesitant to update right now though. Can anyone else confirm that this driver is stable??? Specifically any problems with audio sequencers.