Tiger Shipment

Comments

• Reply 41 of 88
    defjefdefjef Posts: 62member
    I'm in South Western Virginia, ordered Tiger the day it was announced and now at 8:45pm my order still says Preparing Shipment with 2 Day shipping. I'm getting a little frustrated. I can't be waiting around all day tomorrow to sign for a package. It'd be nice to have an idea of when it will arrive.
  • Reply 42 of 88
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    What the...?!?!

Just checked the FedEx tracking and it says it's in California? I ordered from the Apple Canada store!!
  • Reply 43 of 88
    it looks like they've charged my credit card but have yet to update my order status or send me a tracking number
  • Reply 44 of 88
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FireDancer

Well 5:00pm here on the east coast and my copy of Tiger has not been shipped yet........hmmmmmmm. I really wish it was on its way.

Same here. I purchased the education version. Did anyone else?
  • Reply 45 of 88
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave K.

My edu copy shipped Wed. at 11.00 eastern from Tenn....and odd enough...IT IS STILL IN TN...and it has been like 22 hrs!!!!
  • Reply 46 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave K.

I purchased with Edu discount as well.
  • Reply 47 of 88
    ragexragex Posts: 126member
    I gave Apple CS a ring, and the person I talked to was very confident I would still be receiving my order tomorrow. We'll see.
  • Reply 48 of 88
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

My edu copy shipped Wed. at 11.00 eastern from Tenn....and odd enough...IT IS STILL IN TN...and it has been like 22 hrs!!!!

I ordered mine friday the 22nd (I think), and it shipped Wednesday from Cordova TN. It took untill about 4:00pm today for it to go to the Memphis sort facility and leave it. Nothing has been updated since then and I dont think it will be untill tommorow. The problem is, if it were to go via air, (I live in Illinois), it would have to go via Indy first, then to me, in which I don't think it would arive on friday, unless they get it out at the last minute to be delived late afternoon/evening. The other senario is for it to be shipped Memphis directly to me (fedex regional center where daily shipments go out) or via truck, which, to go from memphis to me, assuming no stops, it around 6 hours. This is deffinatly do-able to them to get it to me. As far as your edu copy being stuck in TN...it might either be listed has having left TN or it will have shipped after I post this. Its deff. likely for you to get it tommorow (Friday)
  • Reply 49 of 88
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

I ordered mine friday the 22nd (I think), and it shipped Wednesday from Cordova TN. It took untill about 4:00pm today for it to go to the Memphis sort facility and leave it. Nothing has been updated since then and I dont think it will be untill tommorow. The problem is, if it were to go via air, (I live in Illinois), it would have to go via Indy first

Acctualy, my MAc Mini went from Alaska sort right to LAF - Lafayette Indiana - My town with no stop at Chicago or indy. So you may be surprised...I will be waiting for it at about 9:00 AM, that is when the FEDEX truck is usualy in the 'hood.
  • Reply 50 of 88
    My order status has finally changed to shipped so I guess I don't need to worry, though I haven't received a tracking number, nor am I able to see from where it was shipped or what shipping method. I have received the email with the information about the special online Tiger event. I guess I'll get to cloning my boot drive now.

[edit]

Update as of 4:30 AM (I rarely sleep):

Fed Ex is shipping my Tiger from Middletown, Pennsylvania. It apparently got picked up at 6:07 pm 4/28. It isn't scheduled to arrive until 4:30 pm, Monday \ . I'll remain optimistic for the day, but after that I'm going to be sad.
  • Reply 51 of 88
    owenowen Posts: 21member
    Anybody in the UK had Tiger ship from Amazon?

Kind of worried we'll catch the fallout from the Amazon PowerMac premature specification.

Update 03 May

I ordered the Family pack on 25 Apr and was pleased to see and expected delivery date of 28-29 Apr.

On Saturday (30 Apr) nothing arrives so I checked the order status - still expected to deliver 28-29 Apr but the Family Pack now lists a 1-2 week delay.

eMailed Amazon and got a drone-agramme back telling me they have only just received their stocks.

Not the end of the world but disapointing that they couldn't get their expected delivery dates in the right ballpark.

If I'd have known I'd have popped up to the new Birmingham Apple Store...

Hmmm Curious - UK Apple Store is down.... (13:14 BST)
  • Reply 52 of 88
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    According to TNT my order should be arriving any time now... Post your questions etc. or requests for screenshots as I promised! The online seminar is also available but requires QuickTime 7 - so I can't watch while I wait. .Mac has been just updated for Tiger.
  • Reply 53 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by DefJef

My order status has finally changed to shipped so I guess I don't need to worry, though I haven't received a tracking number, nor am I able to see from where it was shipped or what shipping method. I have received the email with the information about the special online Tiger event. I guess I'll get to cloning my boot drive now.

[edit]

Fed Ex is shipping my Tiger from Middletown, Pennsylvania. It apparently got picked up at 6:07 pm 4/28. It isn't scheduled to arrive until 4:30 pm, Monday \ . I'll remain optimistic for the day, but after that I'm going to be sad.

Exactly same thing here. I will be very disappointed if I don't get Tiger today. I wanted the weekend to install and use it. There was no excuse for why it took so long to ship.
  • Reply 54 of 88
    pmjoepmjoe Posts: 565member
    Quote:

I purchased with Edu discount as well.

Yeah, me too. When I first bought it (the day it was announced), the Apple site said something about being delivered on the 28th (early, which I thought was strange), then later it said shipped by the 28th (which I thought was fine for overnight shipping). Now it is shipped, but FedEx says delivery on the 2nd. Tracking has it in a town a few hours away, so who knows, but if I don't get it sometime today, I am going to be rather disappointed. I just got a notification from the university that the computer store on campus will have special hours tonight, and I could've just gotten the software there.
  • Reply 55 of 88
    Quote:

Originally posted by pmjoe

Yeah, me too. When I first bought it (the day it was announced), the Apple site said something about being delivered on the 28th (early, which I thought was strange), then later it said shipped by the 28th (which I thought was fine for overnight shipping). Now it is shipped, but FedEx says delivery on the 2nd. Tracking has it in a town a few hours away, so who knows, but if I don't get it sometime today, I am going to be rather disappointed. I just got a notification from the university that the computer store on campus will have special hours tonight, and I could've just gotten the software there.

I was thinking of buying a full retail copy at the Apple store in my area and just taking back the education version when it comes on Monday.
  • Reply 56 of 88
    ragexragex Posts: 126member
    Quote:

[edit]

Same here DefJam. Checked this morning and finally shipped, but delivery by May 2nd? Wtf happened to their promise of pre-ordered by the 26th, delivery by friday? Incredibly disappointed here. \
  • Reply 57 of 88
    slickslick Posts: 34member
    just wondering, has anyone here ordered tiger using the up-to-date program?

i did, and as of right now, its still on "preparing shipment". it would have been nice to have it today so i can install and mess with this this weekend.

oh well, i guess for $9.95, i shouldnt complain.
  • Reply 58 of 88
    slickslick Posts: 34member
    actually, mine still says "processing order", not "preparing shipment".

i dont know why i thought it said preparing shipment. its supposed to ship out today, hopefully it does.
  • Reply 59 of 88
    Mine was in the depot last night and stated next day delivery but still hasn't arrived - it's 14:30 and there never normally this late. It looks like I'll be getting it Tuesday as well. Unless I can persuade them to send it tomorrow.
  • Reply 60 of 88
    I've Got It

After pleading with TNT they sent it to me today!