2005 Apple Stores

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I posted much of this list in an earlier thread, but I thought it would be good to have an overall thread to update as new stores are announced. All the following are either already opened this year or are planned for this year as confirmed by Apple's own job listings.
  1. Nagoya Sakae, Japan - opened 1/22

2. St. John's Town Center - Jacksonville, Florida - opened 3/18

3. The Gardens at Palm Beach - Palm Beach Gardens, Florida - opened 4/23

4. Bullring - Birmingham, England - opened 4/29

5. South Shore Plaza - Braintree, Massachusetts

6. Century City - Los Angeles, California - to open in May

7. Lincoln Road - Miami Beach, Florida

8. Pioneer Place - Portland, Oregon

9. La Cantera - San Antonio, Texas

10. Green Hills - Nashville, Tennessee

11. Woodland - Grand Rapids, Michigan

12. The Woodlands - Houston, Texas

13. Gateway Mall - Salt Lake City, Utah

14. Yorkdale - Toronto, Canada

15. Bluewater - Kent, England

16. Crabtree Valley - Raleigh, North Carolina

17. Bridgeport Village - Tualatin, Oregon

18. Manhattan Village - Manhattan Beach, California

19. Penn Square - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

20. Pentagon City - Arlington, Virginia

21. Garden State Plaza - Paramus, New Jersey

22. Northbrook Court - Northbrook, Illinois

23. Florida Mall - Orlando, Florida

24. Beverly Center - Los Angeles, California

25. Shibuya - Tokyo, Japan

26. Flatiron - New York City, New York

27. Eastview Mall - Victor, New York

28. Annapolis Mall - Annapolis, Maryland

29. Northpark Center - Dallas, Texas

30. Irvine Spectrum Center - Irvine, California

31. Derby Street - Hingham, Massachusetts

32. Midtown - New York City, New York

33. Fashion Square - Sherman Oaks, California

34. South Hills Village - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    jayhighjayhigh Posts: 40member
    I can't believe they're opening an Apple store in my local mall! (Eastview, #27) Finally, I wont have to drive all the way out to CompUSA on the other side of the city to play with thew new stuff.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    sayheysayhey Posts: 49member
    The website for the Bridgeport Village Mall in Tualatin, Oregon has listed an opening date of May 19th for the new Apple store there. Credit is due to ifoAppleStore for catching the mall's post. The date is so far in advance of the store's opening that it is quite possible it will be removed soon per Apple's request.

edit: it now appears that the mall's posting of May 19th may have been an old fashion typo. According to ifoAppleStore the store will open in June.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    Beverly Center and Century City? Along with The Grove and 3rd Street Promenade? They must be doing pretty well to have four stores in a ten mile stretch!

But I'm happy- I live within 15 minutes walk of the Beverly Center, and Century City is very convenient as well.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Apple now has four new locations on its "Search Jobs" webpage. They are the following:
    • Northpark Center - Dallas, TX

• Derby Street - Hingham, MA

• Irvine Spectrum Center - Irvine, CA

• Midtown - New York City, NY

• Reply 5 of 15
    Apple has officially announced the opening of their new store at The Gardens Mall in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. The grand opening is to take place on April 23rd at 10:00 am.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    slickslick Posts: 34member
    finally, one in oklahoma, i no longer need to go to compusa and deal with there idiocy (sp?).

btw, what are the major differences between apple stores and compusa (authorized dealers)? items in stock? warranty work?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    As already posted in the Birmingham thread, the Bullring store will open in April 29th at 6:00 pm in order to coincide with the release of Tiger.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Apple has begun listing two new locations on its "Search Jobs" web page. They are in "Sherman Oaks - Fashion Square - CA" and Pittsburgh - South Hills Village - PA.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    ifoAppleStore is posting a June 4th opening date for the Bridgeport Village store in Tualatin, Oregon (a Portland suburb).
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

Beverly Center and Century City? Along with The Grove and 3rd Street Promenade? They must be doing pretty well to have four stores in a ten mile stretch!

But I'm happy- I live within 15 minutes walk of the Beverly Center, and Century City is very convenient as well.

It's just as good down here in OC. We've got Fashion Island, South Coast Plaza, and Laguna Hills - all well within 10 miles of me, and Spectrum coming soon.

Right now we're trying to decide whether to go to SCP or Fashion Island for the event. Fashion Island let's us stay outside, which is always a plus.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    thatmattthatmatt Posts: 5member
    NEWEST PLANNED LOCATION:

LINCOLN ROAD MALL

SOUTH BEACH, FLORIDA
  • Reply 12 of 15
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Sadly no Flatirons Mall in Broomfield, CO (halfway between Boulder and Denver). This seems like a perfect location for an Apple Store. What gives Apple?
  • Reply 13 of 15
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Sadly no Flatirons Mall in Broomfield, CO (halfway between Boulder and Denver). This seems like a perfect location for an Apple Store. What gives Apple?

There is already two in Denver. This would make a third. The numbers may not justify it yet. You still have Colorado Springs, hell they used to have a whole facility down there back in the old days. I am not too sure how many more stores they could put in Denver though. B&O went out of business in the Flatirons mall, so that leads one to believe that it may not be a great place, though I do know that Bose has survived, or at least continued to pay the rent...
  • Reply 14 of 15
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

There is already two in Denver. This would make a third. The numbers may not justify it yet. You still have Colorado Springs, hell they used to have a whole facility down there back in the old days. I am not too sure how many more stores they could put in Denver though. B&O went out of business in the Flatirons mall, so that leads one to believe that it may not be a great place, though I do know that Bose has survived, or at least continued to pay the rent...

Good points all. But both Cherry Creek and Aspen Grove are a hike for those of us up north...and I'm not even in Boulder...or Longmont, Loveland, etc.

We do have (in)Comp(etent)USA though.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    awalawal Posts: 66member
    I was at the Annapolis (MD) Mall over the weekend and I was surprised to see an Apple Store under construction. The sign said "Summer 2005".

I'll post some pictures as soon as I can get them online.