Tiger pricing

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Here's the gig: my domestic partner neither wants nor needs Tiger, and I want Tiger but don't need it. Cash, as always, is tight. My partner says her Mac is fine and doesn't need an OS X update, and we should save the $99 for a true necessity.

She's right, of course, but that's besides the point. I want Tiger and I shall have it - soon. Anything is legit as long as it doesn't involve piracy. I have no moral objections to piracy when it comes to dominant, evil corporations, but I refuse to pirate any Apple software (although my tune may change after they've sold a few billion iPods :P ).

So the cheapest I've seen Tiger is at Amazon.com for $95. Does anyone know of any place it can be had for less? I know about the .edu discount, but unfortunately that's not an option for now. I am willing to submit to pain and/or humiliation for a low price, but please, no sex solicitations.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

Here's the gig: my domestic partner neither wants nor needs Tiger, and I want Tiger but don't need it. Cash, as always, is tight. My partner says her Mac is fine and doesn't need an OS X update, and we should save the $99 for a true necessity.

She's right, of course, but that's besides the point. I want Tiger and I shall have it - soon. Anything is legit as long as it doesn't involve piracy. I have no moral objections to piracy when it comes to dominant, evil corporations, but I refuse to pirate any Apple software (although my tune may change after they've sold a few billion iPods :P ).

So the cheapest I've seen Tiger is at Amazon.com for $95. Does anyone know of any place it can be had for less? I know about the .edu discount, but unfortunately that's not an option for now. I am willing to submit to pain and/or humiliation for a low price, but please, no sex solicitations.

have you looked on TigerDirect.com ??

bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Heh, no but I went back to Amazon and they've got a $35 rebate. I can also get an Amazon Visa and get another $30 off. Going to float this deal by the SO today...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MicroCenter is offering a $50 mail in rebate on Tiger now thru june 5th. You can check their website to see if the rebate is offered for online as well as in-store purchases.