Entourage Question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just installed Tiger on my laptop (to test it out before installing on my G5). The main reason I upgraded is for Spotlight. I'm a recruiter and I get hundreds of resumes a week from potential job seekers. The idea of being able to search inside resumes is worth, literally, thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars to me. Most of the time I dump the resumes into folders, but they can get large and unwieldy.

Good news and bad. Spotlight doesn't work with Entourage, only Mail. Big bummer, but not the end of the world. Spotlight does work great, as long as the resumes are on the hard drive. And that leads to the million dollar question:

I've got about, oh, 5-10k emails inside Entourage and 90% of those emails have a resume attached as a word document. Is there a way (please please let there be a way) to create some sort of applescript because what I need to do is to download all those resumes into one big folder on my computer (don't need to segment the resumes because spotlight will find me what I need).

Your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Darrin

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    nirradnirrad Posts: 19member
    Well, for anyone that is interested, I figured it out.

I actually called MS this morning 'cause I was getting desperate and they told me that email attachments had to be done one at a time. According to them, there was no way to do it. HA! You fools at Microsoft. You should be working for me!!

Anyway, it's actually not that complicated at all. Basically, you highlight the emails you want to download the attachements from then click on the 'message' menu bar. At the very bottom you'll see 'save all attachements'. click that, choose the location and viola! all attachements in one neat place. It's really an excellent, underutilized feature.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    I might be making this up, but I'm sure I heard somewhere recently that Microsoft was working on releasing an update with Spotlight support in a few months - maybe that well help you out. I might be wrong, but I'm sure I read that somewhere. \