Can't login after installing tiger

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
After installing I get a login window. It refuses my previous details. Tried booting from the tiger CD to no avail. Is there a cure as I'm locked out of my powerbook?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ajaysongs

After installing I get a login window. It refuses my previous details. Tried booting from the tiger CD to no avail. Is there a cure as I'm locked out of my powerbook?

Yes. Boot from the Tiger disk, go to the menu called "utilities", and then there should be something password reset related.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I've booted from the CD, accessed reset password from utilities and selected Macintosh HD. However, everything else remains grayed out so I can't input any info. Any ideas?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ajaysongs

I've booted from the CD, accessed reset password from utilities and selected Macintosh HD. However, everything else remains grayed out so I can't input any info. Any ideas?

I heard of similar problem from an Icelandic friend of mine. The problem was in the Icelandic localisation. So my bet would be that it's some sort of localisation problem. Tiger may use a different text encoding as default. He took it to the sales rep who fixed it in a matter of minutes.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks - I decided to do a complete wipe/reinstall and that did it