Still waiting for Tiger Order

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I was dumb enough to order Tiger from the Canadian Apple store when it came out, believing that I would receive it on Friday.

Now, the FedEx tracker is telling me I won't get it until Tuesday.

On way home from work, I walked past a couple of stores that were selling copies.

Boy am I an idiot. Sucks to be me

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    There are a bunch of people in the same situation you're in. See http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=53560 .
  • Reply 2 of 7
    zenatekzenatek Posts: 203member
    Call them, I also ordered from the canadian store and I got a free copy of iWork 05 to compensate. So I am not complaining.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JavaCowboy

I was dumb enough to order Tiger from the Canadian Apple store when it came out, believing that I would receive it on Friday.

Now, the FedEx tracker is telling me I won't get it until Tuesday.

On way home from work, I walked past a couple of stores that were selling copies.

Boy am I an idiot. Sucks to be me

What part of Canada are you in? I ordered mine from the Apple Canada Store and it arrived shortly after 5pm on Friday. I'm in Kelowna, BC.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by jabohn

What part of Canada are you in? I ordered mine from the Apple Canada Store and it arrived shortly after 5pm on Friday. I'm in Kelowna, BC.

Just added it to my profile. Apparently I'm not the one guy to get Tiger late.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JavaCowboy

Just added it to my profile. Apparently I'm not the one guy to get Tiger late.

That is strange.

I ordered mine on the day it was announced. On Thursday it left from California. On Friday morning it was in Vancouver, then it arrived in Kelowna about mid-afternoon. It arrived at my door a few minutes after I got home from work.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    zenatekzenatek Posts: 203member
    Yah i am on van isle, and I saw my package get to vancouver on friday, and I knew when I saw that it would not make it to the island in time.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    fed ex tracking says my copy was in Memphis at 01:00 AM on the 30th. Didn't ship from California on the 29th as it missed the pickup deadline there. I preorded on the 12th from Apple Canada and it looks like this Albertan won't get his copy til Monday...sometimes life ain't fair.