DVD and Tiger

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Does anyone else have problems playing DVDs in Tiger? I'm on a 15" PB with 1GB ram. Disk is read but DVD Player and QT say no disk found and the disk doesn't show up on the desktop.

-PBRules

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBRules

Does anyone else have problems playing DVDs in Tiger? I'm on a 15" PB with 1GB ram. Disk is read but DVD Player and QT say no disk found and the disk doesn't show up on the desktop.

-PBRules

yeah ive had that problem with at least one disc myself. does it seem like yours takes longer to mount also?

uber
  • Reply 2 of 6
    pbrulespbrules Posts: 53member
    yeah it does. i lost stuffit so i can't open some files. also, can QT play DVDs? i tried to and i can't to play DVDs on QT. I think DivX is also messed up or something, can't play some files on QT but they play on VLC. Hopefully they get some bugs out in the updates.

-PBRules
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ubernautubernaut Posts: 27member
    what kind of powerbook do you have this issue? with and no qt cannot play dvds as far as i know.

ben
  • Reply 4 of 6
    i have the brand new 15" PB with 1gb ram with broken lower ram slot and 128MB VRAM and 100GB HD.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    QT plays DVDs in windows....why not MAc?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ubernautubernaut Posts: 27member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBRules

QT plays DVDs in windows....why not MAc?

well i cant answer that cept to say that there is a seperate app for that in mac os which is pretty good at playing dvds already. i have a titanium which seems to have problems with certain dvd under tiger as well my g4 imac has so far has not encountered those same problems yet.

ben