Whatcha Watching/Listening To? Thread v05.05

dmzdmz
Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Well?

-----------------

Too Much Information -- The Police -- Ghost In The Machine

and later:

Bullshit!, the complete 1st season. (various episodes)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 92
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Retrovizorja - Du

"Lakuriq"
  • Reply 2 of 92
    "Now" by the Pat McGee Band!

Check them out ... they're very good!!!
  • Reply 3 of 92
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Protoculture: Avalon (genre:PsyTrance)
  • Reply 4 of 92
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    What was wrong with my "watcha listening to" thread? It's a right wing conspiracy.

I blame Bush.
  • Reply 5 of 92
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

What was wrong with my "watcha listening to" thread? It's a right wing conspiracy.

I blame Bush.

Maybe so!

I was tired this morning so I just posted at the first one I saw ... in anycase, now I'm listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd's Greatest Hits...
  • Reply 6 of 92
    r3dx0rr3dx0r Posts: 201member
    the faint - wet from birth

great electronic stuff from saddle creek (label name).
  • Reply 7 of 92
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    John Law Burned Down The Liquor Sto' -- Chris Thomas King With Colin Linden -- Down From The Mountain: Live Concert Performances By The Artists & Musicians Of "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"
  • Reply 8 of 92
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by r3dx0r

the faint - wet from birth

great electronic stuff from saddle creek (label name).

i like their "danse macabre" cd better. still, great retro new wave electro

anyway:

repair machines - vitalic

from the cd: ok cowboy. 2005 pias

also great electronic stuff

• Reply 9 of 92
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    All The Love in the World - Nine Inch Nails

Preview With Teeth here!

I managed to get tickets for last night's NIN show in San Francisco at The Warfield. It was a blast. I expected to hear more stuff off the new album, but that's my only complaint, and a minor one at that!

I love the new album and I encourage everyone to check it out! I think it may be one of the best releases of the year, right up there with Beck's Guero.
  • Reply 10 of 92
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    the hand that feeds [dub mix] - NIN

from the cds: halo 18: the hand that feeds. 2005 interscope

thank you for the preview xool
  • Reply 11 of 92
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Viskningar och rop (1972) (Cries and Whispers) -- Directed by Ingmar Bergman
  • Reply 12 of 92
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Only by NIN (from With Teeth)

I didn't like the album the first time I listened. To me, Trent seemed to have mellowed out a bit. He's still angry, just less intense about it

Beck's Guero is also fantastic. (This coming from a guy who's been pretty down on mainstream artists for the past while)
  • Reply 13 of 92
    Quote:

Originally posted by mikef

Only by NIN (from With Teeth)

I didn't like the album the first time I listened. To me, Trent seemed to have mellowed out a bit. He's still angry, just less intense about it

Beck's Guero is also fantastic. (This coming from a guy who's been pretty down on mainstream artists for the past while)

Sometimes I feel that I'm a piano whore. Toss in some Trent vocals/harmonies and I can't stop eating it up. I almost think the new CD was made just for me.

I'll stop short of a full review (unless people are interested), but as a longtime NIN fan I'm pretty satisfied with the new CD. Unlike The Fragile, With Teeth seems tightened up. I think this is the most accessible/commercial NIN album and it will be interesting to see how it sells.

This week I've also been listening to Blinking Lights and Other Revelations by The Eels. If only a new Dandy Warhols album came out too... then I'd have it all!
  • Reply 14 of 92
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

I'll stop short of a full review (unless people are interested), but as a longtime NIN fan I'm pretty satisfied with the new CD.

It's not Pretty Hate Machine but it's up there

Quote:

Unlike The Fragile, With Teeth seems tightened up. I think this is the most accessible/commercial NIN album and it will be interesting to see how it sells.

Good way of putting it ("accessible"). Unfortunately, it'll be played to death by the usual avenues. Thankfully I do not listen to radio anymore.
  • Reply 15 of 92
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    Only-Nine Inch Nails

i haven't stopped listening to With Teeth since I saw about the preview. mikef-i didn't like it on the first listen too much either, but it just keeps getting better the more i listen to it.

side note: have you guys seen the "bonus" videos on NIN's site? basically they're NIN commercials. the one of the band rocking out is awesome.
  • Reply 16 of 92
    One of the things I enjoyed about the NIN concert was the complete lack of teeny-boppers. Everyone at the show seemed like a pretty dedicated fan.

I'm going to a Green Day concert in the fall and I know I'm gonna have to deal with squealing youngsters.

Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

i haven't stopped listening to With Teeth since I saw about the preview

I've had access to the album for about a week and have listened to little else.

When the concert sold out I was disappointed but planned on going to the bigger tour in the Fall. Once I heard the album though, I knew I had to go. I dug around for tickets to the show and boy was it worth it.

I love a lot of tracks on With Teeth, but I think All The Love in the World might be my favorite... something about the wavering vocals, drumbeats, and piano just does it for me. Time for another listen! 8)
  • Reply 17 of 92
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

I love a lot of tracks on With Teeth, but I think All The Love in the World might be my favorite... something about the wavering vocals, drumbeats, and piano just does it for me. Time for another listen! 8)

the piano is just incredible. i'm a big big fan of "Only" as well.

oh yeah...Kenna-Hellbent
  • Reply 18 of 92
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Oooh, I just bought these guys; http://www.arenarockrecordingco.com/.../biography.htm . I totaly recommend them, great style.

You can listen to some examples here; http://www.arenarockrecordingco.com/audiovideo.htm , click on Worm is Green.
  • Reply 19 of 92
    mac the forkmac the fork Posts: 722member
    Listening to: Sun Ra - Drop me off in Harlem.
  • Reply 20 of 92
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Four Tet - She Moves She

"Rounds"