Next wave of Apple hardware shipments expected

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Based on information from industry contacts, it's expected that Apple this week will begin shipping to dealers several new consumer hardware offerings. Specifically, sources are expecting new iMac G5 and eMac G4 systems. However, revised iBooks are not expected to be part of this next wave of product announcements. Still, unconfirmed reports indicate that the current line of iBooks could see some form of price reduction in the next few weeks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    Yay! Pole position.

This weeks objective: Cancel Mac mini order. Order revised eMac SD.
  • Reply 2 of 40
    Guess I have to wait until October for the next iBook revision. That's 6 mos away.

But looking forward to the new rev. B iMacs. I hope they'll come with price drops, too.
  • Reply 3 of 40
    republicrepublic Posts: 168member
    A boost for the iMac and eMac are called for, so congrats to them. A faster two-inch thick chiclet is that much more attractive to me, but woe is me for not having that kind of cash.

Here's to hoping the eMac, for one, is not allowed to stagger like that again. Even the iBook's stagnation is questionable. There has to be something they can do with it even if the G4 CPU cannot be boosted for market reasons. Hard drive space. Memory. The GPU. The damn cosmetic issues, like the space bar. Since they're doing nothing about that, they had better drop prices.
  • Reply 4 of 40
    nathan22tnathan22t Posts: 317member
    Apple hw. heh
  • Reply 5 of 40
    Phew thankfully the bank decided to hold my IRS refund instead of depositing it immediately (don't know why i didn't do direct deposit), otherwise I would have gotten a new mac this weekend.

Now I will just wait till next weekend!!
  • Reply 6 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Republic

Here's to hoping the eMac, for one, is not allowed to stagger like that again. Even the iBook's stagnation is questionable. There has to be something they can do with it even if the G4 CPU cannot be boosted for market reasons. Hard drive space. Memory. The GPU. The damn cosmetic issues, like the space bar. Since they're doing nothing about that, they had better drop prices.

What's wrong with the space bar?
  • Reply 7 of 40
    It isn't flush with the rest of the space bar, so it's lower on the left side than the surrounding keys, and is higher on the right. It seems to be true on my model and more recent models in the Apple store.
  • Reply 8 of 40
    Quote:

It isn't flush with the rest of the space bar, so it's lower on the left side than the surrounding keys, and is higher on the right. It seems to be true on my model and more recent models in the Apple store.

Hadn't noticed that. Don't have an Apple keyboard here to check it out. I'll have to take a look at the one's on display at the store.
  • Reply 9 of 40
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nathan22t

Apple hw. heh

yup more like "...new Apple CandyWare shipments are expected soon..."

go the iMac and eMac updates 8)

but iBook has had the most predictable update cycle, a decent and reliable once-every-sixer cycle. what be happenin? price drops with 512mb ram standard if they don't change anything else is my guess
  • Reply 10 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bart Smastard

Hadn't noticed that. Don't have an Apple keyboard here to check it out. I'll have to take a look at the one's on display at the store.

I was a bit surprised myself when I got mine. The iBook G3s with this shell design don't even have this problem, but the G4s always have, I think.

Which reminds me: the 12-incher doesn't have its battery flush with the unit, which also appears to be G4-era only. A thousand bucks for relatively bad fit and finish is a ripoff, as good as the iBook G4 is.
  • Reply 11 of 40
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

I was a bit surprised myself when I got mine. The iBook G3s with this shell design don't even have this problem, but the G4s always have, I think.

Which reminds me: the 12-incher doesn't have its battery flush with the unit, which also appears to be G4-era only. A thousand bucks for relatively bad fit and finish is a ripoff, as good as the iBook G4 is.

for the amount of abuse my iBook G4 933mhz has taken, the casing holds up pretty well and have never noticed the space bar problem, just examined it, nope, no problems there...

i have given up on the battery sitting flush with the unit though, every bloody iBook g4 i've owned/ seen/ pawed/ pawned doesn't have it flush...
  • Reply 12 of 40
    fieldorfieldor Posts: 213member
    Sorry for stupid post, I really hope they bring new iMacs. TS specs weren't bad.
  • Reply 13 of 40
    hodog16hodog16 Posts: 16member
    Good info, thanks. Ready to get an iMac as soon as it is available. 8)
  • Reply 14 of 40
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fieldor

Lets hope this WAVE won't hit the coasts. We don't want a disaster like 4months ago.

Dude... that was lame
  • Reply 15 of 40
    512 ram on all models. some day
  • Reply 16 of 40
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

Dude... that was lame

To put it mildly. Extremely offensive might have been a better description.
  • Reply 17 of 40
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alliancep.s.i

512 ram on all models. some day

Sure, a few years from now when 1 GB of RAM is needed.

Come on Tuesday, come on Tiger-shipped Mac minis!
  • Reply 18 of 40
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by IonYz

Come on Tuesday, come on Tiger-shipped Mac minis!

i am surprised that Apple didn't "go big" and announce Tiger shipping as standard on ALL new macs.

the only macs shipping with Tiger are the new PM G5s.
  • Reply 19 of 40
    dutch peardutch pear Posts: 588member
    which makes me believe in a completely renewed line-up later today 8)
  • Reply 20 of 40
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    If there is an update today, the update will occur around 8:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time.