in regards to the casing

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    [quote] I don't know why you all want new case design for the towers, that design is probably the most practical,usable, good looking, functional and all around best design on the market. With two full drive bays it would be a lot better, <hr></blockquote>

Yes, the current case is great, but it needs a few changes to be excellent:

1. Add two more full sized expandable drive bays, for a total of 3 full sized bays and one mini bay for zip drives. There is no excuse for a $2000+ tower not to have several expandable drive bays.

2. Change the top of the case so that external drives may be stacked upon it. As it is now, I cannot put my CD burner on top of my G4, because the handle is in the way of it's tray. Of course, this wouldn't be a problem if I could have bought a damn INTERNAL burner....

3. Add ports to the FRONT of the case for quick easy access for hot swapable items, like USB and Firewire peripherals. Maybe two USB ports, two Firewire, and an audio input and output. Yes, I can buy an aftermarket USB audio input adaptor, but after spending $2000+ on a tower, I shouldn't have to do so.

That's it, make the above changes and the case will be timeless. Oh, and lose that dumb-ass speaker cone...cover it up or something, it's dumb to leave it exposed like that.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>Never mind the case is good or the case is bad. The main thing here is the tower is the one product that kinda doesn't fit anymore design/color wise. I think it will be more metal-like. The TiBook and current tower are metal/silver like and the consumer line is now going white. That;'s the seperation between pro and consumer.

I'm looking for a metal case for the G5.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well the Quicksilver case looks a lot more metal than Graphite.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    If you have ever owned a K1 or K2 case (8600, 9600, Beige G3 tower) you know what the shortcomings of the B&W and Graphite/QS cases are, in fact they are quite severe.

Liquid cooling for the ultimate in silence?

That was an ironic joke, was it? You probably know that these need a pump and/or a compressor...Ever heard one of them at work...sleep besides your fridge for a night and you'll know.

G-News
  • Reply 24 of 25
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Its funny how apple is so big on fanless design and quietness when all the iMac sept. 2001 slot loading series start completly quiet and are so if you don't use it much, but the HDs bog down if you use them to much and start whining really high ptched and not super easy to block out, it ****ing sucks, the later model iMacs fixed this I think because all the later models I've used(that were used alot) were still completely quiet.

when I first got my DVSE I plugged it in and though 'oh my god thats quiet" now I turn it on and think "urg so annoying"

once I though I fixed the problem but it was just that My ears had gotten used to it and had blocked it out slightly but then when I started to think about that I heard the whine loud and clear again, oh well, I suppose I could probably replace the HD or something.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Wrong Robot:

<strong>Its funny how apple is so big on fanless design and quietness when all the iMac sept. 2001 &lt;&lt;yadda yadda yadda&gt;&gt; HD or something.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I KNOW!!! IT IS SO ANNYOING!!!

It sounds like it is about to die on me!

-Paul