AirportExpress: Cables/ Faster Wireless?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am planning to buy an AirportExpress so I can stream music to my stereo. I am trying to figure out if I have to buy the AirportExpress Stereo Connection Kit. I already have the 7' Monster mini-duel RCA cable for connecting an iPod to a stereo. I suspect they are the same cable , Does anyone know?

Also, is Apple coming with a faster wireless system soon? I thought read about Super AirportExtreme or something like that? I getting a new PM this June. If there is a good chance that it my have a faster airport extreme card, I would wait a month for the faster Airport Express. I guess the same question goes for a wireless iSight: any one heard anything?

Thanks,

bobo

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    exhibit_13exhibit_13 Posts: 110member
    the wireless isight is pretty much impossible at this point with current technology. you'd have to be able to trasmit a high-quality video signal as well as the audio signal. right now, thats not a technologically viable option. you'd have to have some SERIOUSLY powerful transmitters/receivers at one heck of a frequency. so no worries of that kind of upgrade anytime soon...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    bobo28bobo28 Posts: 59member
    Quote:

Originally posted by exhibit_13

the wireless isight is pretty much impossible at this point with current technology. you'd have to be able to trasmit a high-quality video signal as well as the audio signal. right now, thats not a technologically viable option. you'd have to have some SERIOUSLY powerful transmitters/receivers at one heck of a frequency. so no worries of that kind of upgrade anytime soon...

That make alot of sense to me. Thanks! I just thought I read something about it somewhere. I also see wireless "spy" type cameras advertised, but they must not require iSight type bandwith and quality.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bobo28

I guess the same question goes for a wireless iSight: any one heard anything?

Thanks,

bobo

well, apple reps at the chicago tiger party were walking around the sidewalks chatting on isights. i mean, this isn't anything new--is this what you're talking about?

• Reply 4 of 5
    bobo28bobo28 Posts: 59member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

well, apple reps at the chicago tiger party were walking around the sidewalks chatting on isights. i mean, this isn't anything new--is this what you're talking about?

No, a wireless iSight: like a bluetooth/802.11g connection from the iSight to the computer.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bobo28

No, a wireless iSight: like a bluetooth/802.11g connection from the iSight to the computer.

oh. i'd rather have an 802.11g airport express/computer remote first