Apple releases Security Update 2005-005

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple today released Security Update 2005-005 for both Client and Server versions of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther. The updates address more than 20 security flaws in Panther, delivering fixes for Apache, AppKit, AppleScript, Bluetooth, Directory Services, Finder, Foundation, Help Viewer, LDAP, libXpm, lukemftpd, NetInfo (Server only), sudo, Server Admin (Server only), Terminal, VPN, and X11. The update is recommended for all users and is accessible via the Software Update mechanism listed under the Mac OS X Apple menu.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    geekdreamsgeekdreams Posts: 280member
    What's this Panther you speak of?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    eaieai Posts: 417member
    Its a big black cat.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    there were 20 security flaws in Panther? shame on you Apple

updated! YEAH
  • Reply 4 of 6
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Why havent there been any security updates lately for Jaguar? My old Mac with upgrades is barely able to handle 10.2.8. Are we left out now?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AquaMac

Why havent there been any security updates lately for Jaguar? My old Mac with upgrades is barely able to handle 10.2.8. Are we left out now?

Chicks dig panther

TIger, too.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AquaMac

My old Mac with upgrades is barely able to handle 10.2.8.

Panther runs a lot better on old machines than Jaguar. To give you an idea, I have an original ibook, 300MHz G3, 288 RAM. Panther's a lot smoother and faster. The "stickiness" of Jaguar isn't there so much. If you do a search I think you'll find that this is generally the case.

If you can get your hands on Panther, I'd recommend the switch. I can't attest to Tiger's performance, though.

--B