Free full screen viewing in Quicktime

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
thought i would share. scroll down to the tip of the week. link

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Nice tip!

Even better though would be instructions for linking it to command-F in QuickTime.... Beuller?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

Nice tip!

Even better though would be instructions for linking it to command-F in QuickTime.... Beuller?

i believe you can do this. once the command is in the script menu of quicktime, go into keyboard shortcuts in system preferences, and you can set keyboard shortcuts for menu items. i did this with custom itunes scripts i wrote. you might need to make it something like Option+apple+F though.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Here's another solution. Use at your own risk.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    None of this is new, I have used a script, located in my home folder, for ages - very useful. I was about to post it myself!

tell application "QuickTime Player" to present movie 1
  • Reply 5 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    They should not make us pay $30 for Full Screen.

The rest is worth way more but this little snag is just dick.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

They should not make us pay $30 for Full Screen.

The rest is worth way more but this little snag is just dick.

it's really cheap and accounts for why QT doesn't do as well as it could. WMP and Real have free full-screen when Apple did research for iTMS they saw people didn't like subscriptions so why not make OS X £20 more and give QT pro free.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    I can't seem to use the QT controls while doing this, though. Command Q, Esc, forward, backward, space don't seem to work for me using this Script. Weird.

As for keyboard shortcuts, you could use menumaster or set it as a Quicksilver Trigger as well. But that would have ocurred to anyone who already has QS...Duh.

--B
  • Reply 8 of 9
    ompusompus Posts: 163member
    I had quicktime pro 6. Upgraded to QT7. 10 minutes later, I downgraded back to 6.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    but i used to have quicktime pro for QT 6! why do i have to pay for it in 7? that's shit.