What Happened to the Two-Button Mouse?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Okay, I know there's a thread (look down a bit) that was started eons ago and totally got off-topic about two-button mouse rumors, so I thought I'd ask again and hopefully people will stay on topic.

The two-button mouse rumor has been around for a while and I was hoping we might see one this year. Maybe WWDC? I bought a new G5 with bluetooth just so I can upgrade my one-button mouse to a nice two-button wireless APPLE mouse one of these days. Anyone want to speculate?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Close this thread please.

The two button mouse thread is right below if you would take the time to look. \
  • Reply 2 of 7
    rc44rc44 Posts: 6member
    Sounds like you didn't take the time to "look" at my thread.

I know there is a thread below- but if you happened to try to weed through that mess of a thread that is 5 pages long consisting of people arguing about whether the OS and programs should need a two button mouse- you'd probably start a new one too...

Thanks for your suggestion.

Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Close this thread please.

The two button mouse thread is right below if you would take the time to look. \

• Reply 3 of 7
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Asking "what happened to the two button mouse?" implies that there was one around, and no longer is. This is not the case.

There has been a two button mouse rumor for YEARS, and to this day apple continues to bundle a one button mouse with their computers. Don't hold your breath waiting for a two button mouse rumor to come true. Until the day one goes on sale, assume one will never come at all.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Same place as Antares, PCI Express, and a Mini with a desktop HD.

My money is on the twin dual-core Powermac hitting the streets before a twin button Apple mouse. After all, Apple is still run by the same folks who thought the puck mouse was a good idea.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    rc44rc44 Posts: 6member
    I guess I should've titled the thread "What Happened to the Rumors of a Two Button Mouse?" I guess I assumed people would understand it was in the context of the two-button mouse rumor. I apologize.

I'm definitely not holding my breath as I have a wired Kensington two-button mouse that I've been using with each new mac I get, but it would be nice to see a real Apple one that works seamlessly with Bluetooth instead of the usual RF wireless technology that others are pushing with their mice...

Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

Asking "what happened to the two button mouse?" implies that there was one around, and no longer is. This is not the case.

There has been a two button mouse rumor for YEARS, and to this day apple continues to bundle a one button mouse with their computers. Don't hold your breath waiting for a two button mouse rumor to come true. Until the day one goes on sale, assume one will never come at all.

• Reply 6 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    When quads appear I'd expect them to be Workstation class machines. Since it is way beyond consumer users, the multi-button mouse could be introduced, esp. if one is required for various workstation-class apps anyhow, same as the workstation-class GPUs.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    benjamin_rbenjamin_r Posts: 265member
    I think the "ancient thread" on this topic can still be used to post any happenings on the "non-existent" two button mouse...

Locked.