So Who Doesn't Have Tiger?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just wanted to know how many people here don't have Tiger as yet? I'm one of those people that don't have it yet, but I'm planning on getting it before this month is over.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 58
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    *Raises hand*

I'm saving up for a laptop later. I'll get tiger with that.
  • Reply 2 of 58
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I don't, I'm going to get an iMac pretty soon, I'll get it with that.
  • Reply 3 of 58
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Still getting used to Panther (like a new language--you are never 100% fluent). When I finally get Tiger I'll very much appreciate the abundance of threads regarding all the problems I'll have.

--B
  • Reply 4 of 58
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Me until Saturday. Even if I had it on my desk right now, I couldn't, since I want to clean install, and I still have a lot of work to get through.
  • Reply 5 of 58
    matveimatvei Posts: 193member
    nope. will get it with a new mac at some point...
  • Reply 6 of 58
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    oh, oh, pick me pick me!!!!!!!!!! i don't have it yet. i'm probably not going to get it for a while, or even until i get a new mac...righ tnow i have a 400 MHz G3 iMac, 768 MB of RAM, so i'm thinking...let's just upgrade everything.
  • Reply 7 of 58
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Just got my first ever Mac (a Mini) in March! Will wait till maybe next year to upgrade to Tiger. By then most glitches too would be ironed out
  • Reply 8 of 58
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    no plan to upgrade
  • Reply 9 of 58
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    As soon as Avid finds some way to get XPress Pro to support Tiger I'll consider upgrading.
  • Reply 10 of 58
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    No, I don't have Tiger or Panther. I have a third party upgrade 500 Mhz G4. Jaguar is a bit slow as it is. So until i can save for a new or used G5 I'm waiting. \
  • Reply 11 of 58
    Not yet. Maybe after a few revisions have gone by. Still at 10.3.9
  • Reply 12 of 58
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Still waiting for my ADC kit to arrive.

Running 10.4.1 on my iBook with no stability problems, but I'm waiting for the kit to switch over to Tiger on my G5.
  • Reply 13 of 58
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I don't have it, as I'll soon be buying a new iMac.
  • Reply 14 of 58
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    I'm still having trouble installing it on my Cube;

• Reply 15 of 58
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    I had it before most (due to time zones) and have not yet opened it.

Maybe next week I may open the box, but no rush. It took me 2 months after I purchased panther before I installed it.

• Reply 16 of 58
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

I'm still having trouble installing it on my Cube;

What is that thing? Is that Windows 3.1?
  • Reply 17 of 58
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

What is that thing? Is that Windows 3.1?

Are you kidding? Before Steve Jobs graced Apple with his presence he owned a company called Next. The Next Cube pictured above runs a Unix flavor called NextStep. NextStep will later mutate into OSX after Apple bought Next. Many of the features we are enjoying today in OSX is directly from NextStep. This Cube runs a Motorola MC 68040 @ 33 MHz with 64Mb of pure goodness.
  • Reply 18 of 58
    oldcodger73oldcodger73 Posts: 707member
    I'm finding 10.3.9 to be extremely stable, in fact all the versions of Panther that I've used have been trouble free. I am planning at some point to upgrade to Tiger, but will probably wait at least until 10.4.2 is out.
  • Reply 19 of 58
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Are you kidding? Before Steve Jobs graced Apple with his presence he owned a company called Next. The Next Cube pictured above runs a Unix flavor called NextStep. NextStep will later mutate into OSX after Apple bought Next. Many of the features we are enjoying today in OSX is directly from NextStep. This Cube runs a Motorola MC 68040 @ 33 MHz with 64Mb of pure goodness.

Hm, I'm no historian, but I'm preeeeeetty sure Jobs started Apple before he was involved with NeXT.
  • Reply 20 of 58
    stustanleystustanley Posts: 236member
    steve was involved in starting apple (1880's) then left (think it was due to disagreements with others). He started next and pixar, then in 1997ish, apple bought next, steve became and advisor of apple. The board got rid of the old CEO, and steve and apple were together again!

I dont have tiger either yet.

to the person saying about jaguar - panther is supposed to be faster thanit on pratically all machines