So Who Doesn't Have Tiger?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58
    gf10gf10 Posts: 27member
    Me. I finally paid off my iBook. I have no intention of wasting another $129. Money is tight when you're in college.
  • Reply 22 of 58
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gf10

Me. I finally paid off my iBook. I have no intention of wasting another $129. Money is tight when you're in college.

College? Then Tiger would be $69 to you.
  • Reply 23 of 58
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stustanley

steve was involved in starting apple (1880's) then left (think it was due to disagreements with others). He started next and pixar, then in 1997ish, apple bought next, steve became and advisor of apple. The board got rid of the old CEO, and steve and apple were together again!

I dont have tiger either yet.

to the person saying about jaguar - panther is supposed to be faster thanit on pratically all machines

hehe that one hell of a spelling mishtake!
  • Reply 24 of 58
    muchisgivenmuchisgiven Posts: 120member
    Man there is a whole lot of people without Tiger...I felt like I was the only person out there without it. Now I know that I'm not alone.

Keep it comin
  • Reply 25 of 58
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    I'm purchasing Tiger early next week and installing it in the latter half of the week.
  • Reply 26 of 58
    voxappsvoxapps Posts: 236member
    Waiting for my new WiebeTech external drive to arrive next week so I can make a bootable 10.3.9 backup "just in case." My POS Iogear ION combo external drive refuses to boot as a FireWire drive.

I plan to wait until at least a "dot 1" release, and then upgrade if there's an app I use that won't run under Panther or has a bug that's only fixed by running Tiger. Of course, if some local retailer has a good deal on Tiger I'll probably just get it .
  • Reply 27 of 58
    igrantigrant Posts: 180member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stustanley

steve was involved in starting apple (1880's) then left (think it was due to disagreements with others). He started next and pixar, then in 1997ish, apple bought next, steve became and advisor of apple. The board got rid of the old CEO, and steve and apple were together again!

I dont have tiger either yet.

to the person saying about jaguar - panther is supposed to be faster thanit on pratically all machines

Acutally Steve Jobs and Steve Wosniak (I know I missed that spelling \ ) Started Apple in the mid 1970's, Steve Jobs ran the company through the first part of the 80's and then hired a ceo from I believe Pepsi, might have been Coke, and then Ceo Steve Jobs hired ended up firing Steve Jobs. After Jobs was fired he started NeXT and then bought Pixar and then in the late 1990's Apple brought Steve Jobs back. That is when Apple introduced kewl Imacs that were different colors with the clamshell notebooks. Also when Steve Jobs came back to Apple, he decided to redo the OS he was working for NeXT which was Unix base and make it the OS for the Macintosh. Fewhh that was long. Note My info might be a little off, I'm only 20 (born in 85), but hey I am a die fard Mac Fanatic .

OH, I am running 10.3.9 until I can sell enough stuff to get 10.4, I have been waiting for it and then I realized I have no more money
  • Reply 28 of 58
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Just a bit of history that I stole from the InterWeb:

As of August 2004, there have been 6 CEO's of Apple Computer.

Apple Computer was incorporated in 1977 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and "Mike" Markkula.

In 1983, Apple received a new CEO, John Sculley, who was formerly CEO of Pepsi Cola. Two years later, Steve Jobs was fired by John Sculley from Apple and started up his own business,

NeXT. John Sculley rose Apple's stock and made Apple a very well known business worldwide but his last five years in the company were disappointing until he was replaced by Michael Spindler.

Spindler is regarded as the worst Apple Computer CEO. Under his leadership, Apple's Macintosh product line was expanded too far, up to 5 models were often released at once, with almost the same specs. Apple's stock value declined rapidly under Spindler. In 1996 he was replaced with Gil Amelio.

Gil Amelio tried to save Apple Computer by reducing the product line, closing down certain Apple factories, stopping the Copland project and more. In 1997, Steve Jobs returned to Apple Computer as interim CEO (later CEO) and today Apple Computer is a debt-free company.

Overview 1977-1981:

Michael Scott

1981-1983:

Mike Markkula

1983-1993:

John Sculley

1993-1996:

Michael Spindler

1996-1997:

Gil Amelio

1997-present:

Steve Jobs
  • Reply 29 of 58
    tekmatetekmate Posts: 134member
    I'm waiting to hear if it improves performance. I have a 667mhz powerbook and I'm in no rush to upgrade. I am planning to upgrade to a new Mac in the next year or two again no rush so I may just wait for bobcat or whatever is next.
  • Reply 30 of 58
    im on windows
  • Reply 31 of 58
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alliancep.s.i

im on windows

I hope he's gental.
  • Reply 32 of 58
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

I hope he's gental.

I sure don't.
  • Reply 33 of 58
    republicrepublic Posts: 168member
    I don't have Tiger and don't plan to upgrade from 10.3.9 in the near future. I don't know my iBook can run it adequately, seeing how a Mac mini I played with, with a little less RAM but a faster CPU struggled with 10.4. I can wait.
  • Reply 34 of 58
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Still waiting for my ADC kit to arrive.

Running 10.4.1 on my iBook with no stability problems, but I'm waiting for the kit to switch over to Tiger on my G5.

The final build was posted on the site ya know.

I was trying to wait for the ADC mailing too, but once the build was posted I couldn't help myself and installed Tiger as soon as the DVD was burned and I had made proper backups.

I've had a few minor issues, but I also have complex, crufty systems. All things considered, I've actually had a very smooth upgrade process.
  • Reply 35 of 58
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Just ordered it, standard shipping. Should give me time to back up my 60GB of miscellaneous CRAP.
  • Reply 36 of 58
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

I'm still having trouble installing it on my Cube;

no wonder your nickname is Relic
  • Reply 37 of 58
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Muchisgiven

Man there is a whole lot of people without Tiger...I felt like I was the only person out there without it. Now I know that I'm not alone.

Keep it comin

i'm waiting for 10.4.2
  • Reply 38 of 58
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I sure don't.

• Reply 39 of 58
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    I don't fancy spending cash on an OS, which although looks lovely, I don't really NEED. It is another factor which persuaded me to get another Mac however, so I'll buy a new Mac in a few months time when I have the money, by which time 10.4.2 or so will be out, and all the little niggles should have cleared up a bit.

Having said that - the student price is a bloody bargain - was almost tempted to buy it the other day, but resisted it - is about £55 compared with the regular £89.
  • Reply 40 of 58
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    I don't have it yet either. I applied for the education evaluation program to get it free. I don't know if I was accepted. It will probably just show up at my door one day.

Being a teacher it would only cost me $69. That being said, money is tight...so I'll be waiting at least until summer and perhaps fall if I ahve to buy it.