MacShrine PBG5DC - Whew!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Is MacShrine over the top!!!! The PBG5's are coming! and they are dual core But that's not all...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    eric_zeric_z Posts: 175member
    That stuff is just hillarious, most of it isn't even coherent.

Big ++ for finding "teh funnay" .

• Reply 2 of 14
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    This came up somewhere else and I said that I wanted to have a hit of whatever it was they were smoking.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    buccibucci Posts: 100member
    Is it April 1st... again?
  • Reply 4 of 14
    xflarexflare Posts: 199member
    LOL.....looks to me like someone hacked the site.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Looks like they are trying to pull an iWalk stunt before they launch their version 5 upgrade of the site as mentioned in the forums.

I'll post the whole article below so that you don't even need to visit their site and can quote it easily.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    PowerBook G5

The new PowerBooks are to be shown at Jobs keynote on 6th June at WWDC. Currently at Dual Core 867MHz G5, they are expected to be released at 1GHz, 1.2GHz and 1.5GHz Dual Core G5. They currently are 1.7" thick with a large G5 type grill on the bottom to increase airflow into the unit. There is a secondary shield inside, to prevent particles from entering the inside system board. The new PowerBooks will only be released in 15" and 17" sizes. The 12" PowerBook will be replaced by a souped up iBook.

Update: Due to engineering problems within Apple, they will now not be showcasing the PowerBooks. Currently, the "Hardware Engineering" team has only managed a 867MHz Dual Core G5, which is slower than the current top of the line 1.64GHz G4. Also the battery life is roughly only at 1hr 45 minutes. Next dates now, point to MacWorld 2006.

iBook G4

Expected to include a return to colors, the new iBooks are set to be the funnest and fasted yet. Soon to be available in 12", 14" and a new widescreen 15" display. The iBooks will take the specs of the late PowerBook G4 line, and include 1.5 and 1.64GHz G4 processors. They (may) be unvieled at WWDC, but more likely at the Paris Expo, in time to ship for the back-to-school term. The new cases haven't been 100% chosen upon yet, as Apple is devoting 99% of their time to the new PowerBooks. They may be released as a translucent case, with white accents. Bluetooth 2.0 and Airport Extreme will feature in all iBooks.

Special Edition Laptops

Apple may release "All Black" versions of the new iBook and PowerBook line. They will be bundled with the U2 iPod and a new "Tiger" protective sleeve.

iTunes 5

To be released soon with the new iPods, iTunes 5 represents a major stepping stone for Apple. Featuring a new Music Store which will support new international stores and a new "Maintenance Agreement". Pay $2.99 (to-be determined) a month, and if you accidently delete a song you purchased from iTunes, you can re-download it.

Mac OS 10.6

Where'd the 10.5 go you say? Well Apple is skipping it out to make this look like a bigger update, when really, it isn't. Set to include the leftovers of Tiger that were never completed on time, the current list of new features include...

A clone of Windows "Active Desktop".

A new dock.

"Dock Switch" - Ability to load multiple docks.

10.6 will be called "Mac OS Lion", because it is the last of the 10.x releases, and a Lion is the top cat. The first developer builds are currently estimated to arrive shortly before next years WWDC, with the GM in 2007 ready for an April 29th release again. Let's hope they don't force another $129.99 out of us...

Mac OS 11

Set to be the "real" next-generation OS from Apple. It will include several 3D features. Work on Mac OS 10.6 and Mac OS 11 are being done at the same time. Very little work has been done on this. At the moment, a few coded features include...

3D finder windows - They "flip" when you navigate.

A 3D dock.

G5-only support - All product lines (should) will be updated by then.

iWork '06

Apple is busy porting over old AppleWorks modules and improving them. Currently iDraw, iChart and iWord are being developed. A database module is currently last on Apple's list. iWork '06 will not be a free upgrade for iWork '05 users.

The forgotten iPod

Folks wishing on update iPod shuffles will be sad to hear that the Shuffle is known inside Apple as "the forgotten iPod". No one really cares about it, it was just a device to attract buyers to the Music Store and the Mac. But the other iPods, well that's a different story...

5th Generation iPods

Apple is phasing all Mono screened iPods for a complete Color lineup. Featuring a brand new interface deeply inspired from Mac OS's Aqua. Expected in 40GB+ capacity only. Your little iPod will now be able have...

A dock - featuring access to various "apps"

The iPod photo is being phased out for something a little "bigger"...

Apple "iPal"

Following on the "huge" success of the iPod photo, Apple is taking it to the next level. The iPod will only play music, so here comes the iPal. To be released in 3 specifications...

No camera (built-in card reader) - for use in camera-forbidden workplaces.

0.6MP camera.

1.2MP camera.

Using the same new interface as the iPod 5th Generation, but with an extra app in it's dock, iPhoto. iPhoto Mobile will let users navigate through the photos and view them, or take new ones. No editing features. Apple is working on making a "lite" OS X that will instantly load from the Flash RAM, but currently they're having problems. It will be available in silver.

Update Peripherals

Updated "Wireless Keyboards" and "Wireless Mouse", no not a 2-buttoned one! They just feature better battery support, which plague the current ones. Your meant to turn off your keyboard and mouse when you go away! To help the lazy people (myself included) Apple are adding a better AutoSleep that actually works. So you don't have to worry about new batterys every few days. The iSight 2, which will be released at WWDC (and given to all Keynote viewers) feature an upgraded camera designed to give you faster frame rates and support for Tigers h.264 codec. Also you can use it with QuickTime Streaming Server.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bucci

Is it April 1st... again?

Here is an update:

Quote:

Update: Due to engineering problems within Apple, they will now not be showcasing the PowerBooks. Currently, the "Hardware Engineering" team has only managed a 867MHz Dual Core G5, which is slower than the current top of the line 1.64GHz G4. Also the battery life is roughly only at 1hr 45 minutes. Next dates now, point to MacWorld 2006.

• Reply 8 of 14
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    whoa it looks like i took a step into the future

cool... but yeah very trippy though

does stimulate some plausible interest in Paris for iBook refresh, meaning over next few months mainly price drop or memory/slight speedbump

cool...

well, we'll still have to see what goodies come in the "Power" range by the end of this year, if not Macworld SF 2006

ps.

the iSight 2 with h.264 support doesn't make sense because Tiger is supposed to give you h.264 in ichat AV even with a regular ol' iSight...!
  • Reply 9 of 14
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Geesh, these guys are making MacOSRumors look good
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Geesh, these guys are making MacOSRumors look good

There's alway someone who has to take a joke too far

• Reply 11 of 14
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

This came up somewhere else and I said that I wanted to have a hit of whatever it was they were smoking.

Or dropping.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by emig647

Or dropping.

it was probably some cocktail of substances that helped them look into the future
  • Reply 13 of 14
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    OMG I must be coming off my high or something... need another joint to read this shit.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Algol

OMG I must be coming off my high or something... need another joint to read this shit.