Garage Band Blues

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just downloaded Jam-Pack 4 and when i try to open one of it's software instruments, it says that it's unavailable, Core Audio: Plug-in "Exs24" not available. I use a 15" Pwer Book G4 1.5 GHz. Anyone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Are you getting this message in GarageBand or are you using the Jam Pack in Logic?

If you are using GarageBand, do you have version 2.0.1?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    telekontelekon Posts: 54member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hankx32

I just downloaded Jam-Pack 4 and when i try to open one of it's software instruments, it says that it's unavailable, Core Audio: Plug-in "Exs24" not available. I use a 15" Power Book G4 1.5 GHz. Anyone?

I encountered the same message when opening a song in GB1 on Jaguar which I had created in GB2 on Panther - must be something to do with legacy compliance.

Are you using Garageband 2 or 1?

When you state that you "downloaded" JamPack4, do you mean you installed it from an official disk or *cough* acquired it?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hankx32hankx32 Posts: 121member
    Quote:

Originally posted by telekon

I encountered the same message when opening a song in GB1 on Jaguar which I had created in GB2 on Panther - must be something to do with legacy compliance.

Are you using Garageband 2 or 1?

When you state that you "downloaded" JamPack4, do you mean you installed it from an official disk or *cough* acquired it?

I installed it from an official disc.

v 1.1.0 (26) is the version I'm using.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Are you using GarageBand 2?

To use all of the instruments in Jam Pack 4 you need to have GarageBand 2.0.1 installed. The EXS 24 is not part of GarageBand 1 at all. EXS 24 is the "brain" that makes use of the .exs samples that Jam Pack 4 installs and was added in version 2.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    hankx32hankx32 Posts: 121member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thepianoguy

Are you using GarageBand 2?

To use all of the instruments in Jam Pack 4 you need to have GarageBand 2.0.1 installed. The EXS 24 is not part of GarageBand 1 at all. EXS 24 is the "brain" that makes use of the .exs samples that Jam Pack 4 installs and was added in version 2.

Thanks for the helpful info, i need to get a hold of Garage band 2. Thanks.