Seems that the Dell 2005FPW is the best 20" LCD?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

i prefer mac because of few wires, the lcd screen, they dont get viruses and also they're easier to use the microsoft as well as better projucts... but a dell computer its self is good from what ive been hearing from other dell users... it all depends on what you like/prefer, ect.

I knew there was something I didn't like about my Dell widescreen LCD monitor. The damn thing is infested with virii! They're everywhere! Crawling all over the screen! Help meeeeeeee!
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by kotatsu

I knew there was something I didn't like about my Dell widescreen LCD monitor. The damn thing is infested with virii! They're everywhere! Crawling all over the screen! Help meeeeeeee!

if your getting spyware crud, i suggest either spybot or adaware...

and for viruses.. i suggest Norton Anti Viruses...

as ive always said about macs, a huge plus about them is they dont get any viruses and i have a window based box also sitting my room for the soul purpose of playing games.. thats tghe only reason i still have a windows operating sys box and i run adaware/spybot and norton anti-virus to prevent from my cpu getting bugged like crazy
  • Reply 23 of 30
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:

OMG. When my 2405FPW gets here, since it's bigger than 2005FPW, do I need to run two instances of virus scanner and adware remover or is one of each enough? And do I need a multicore system to run all of them at the same time?

Also I see from ragingloogie's post that only Macs have LCD's. When I ordered I am sure Dell distinctly said this was an LCD monitor! The bastards!
  • Reply 24 of 30
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

OMG. When my 2405FPW gets here, since it's bigger than 2005FPW, do I need to run two instances of virus scanner and adware remover or is one of each enough? And do I need a multicore system to run all of them at the same time?

Also I see from ragingloogie's post that only Macs have LCD's. When I ordered I am sure Dell distinctly said this was an LCD monitor! The bastards!

You know what the worst thing is? The virii are so nasty they have been crawling out of the USB ports on the side and onto my desk! Luckily I had my big ass Logitech wireless mouse to hand and was able to crush them before they started eating my desk.

Was close though so take care.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Quote:

Bwahahaha!

I got's me one of them LSD monitors instead!
  • Reply 26 of 30
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

i prefer mac because of few wires, the lcd screen, they dont get viruses and also

I opened up my Power Mac to remove the plastic strips from the side panel yesterday... forgot to do this Wednesday when I put it together.

Anyway, this thing is absolutely beautiful inside. Compared to my Windows box, this thing would be a dream to work on and maintain.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

Two posts above yours discuss that article.

Duh - must have fallen asleep at the keyboard...
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

i wasnt implying that only macs have LCD's. my windows based box doesnt have an lcd monitor, and its about a 4-5yr old computer, still running hard w/ a great monitor, not lcd but its still good, and so i wasnt investing much money into it and then i came across my mac, which is nice

anyways... im heading off to bed, not to sleep.. that wont come for a few hours... just to watch a bunch of movies and such maybe some halo... who knows... l8r
  • Reply 29 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by kwsanders

I opened up my Power Mac to remove the plastic strips from the side panel yesterday... forgot to do this Wednesday when I put it together.

Anyway, this thing is absolutely beautiful inside. Compared to my Windows box, this thing would be a dream to work on and maintain.

im glad your enjoying it it gets better
  • Reply 30 of 30
    hodog16hodog16 Posts: 16member
    Just saw on dealnews.com that a new Dell 20" LCD can be had for a hair under $400 shipped.