Mac Mini on Batteries

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I thought you guys might find this of intrest....

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~silasb/macbat/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pretty nifty.. a battery in the mac mini... not hard to do as i read... but nifty
  • Reply 2 of 5
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Now to add a small screen...Any way to hack it in to connecting with the new Gameboy?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    WTF!!! That guy has more money than sense I think.

Butchering a Mac mini for less than 2 hours of battery life and a 90% drop in disk capacity seems like a huge waste of time and money to me.

An iBook would have done exactly what he set out to achieve - the iBook is practically a Mac mini with a LCD, keyboard and pointing device included. Plus 4 times more battery life (at least)... Oh! and covered by Apple's warranty

The Japanese art of Chindogu best describes this hack.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    scavangerscavanger Posts: 286member
    I think it was more of the fact, that he could do it, that he did it. It's quite apparent that he could of just used a laptop.. but thats not what case modding, and computer modding is about.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by scavanger

I think it was more of the fact, that he could do it, that he did it. It's quite apparent that he could of just used a laptop.. but thats not what case modding, and computer modding is about.

Yeah, and a 4 cylinder engine from a Hyundai could be installed into a Corvette because it can be done... but it'd still be a fracking dumb idea.