Safari Pop ups back in 10.3.9

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Just got a pop up today after going to the DrudgeReport. I hope Safari under 10.4 is not also compromised.

Basturds.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Don't go to the Drudge report

If that was the only site that does pop ups, then I would agree. MDN will probably be next with pop ups. And I like that site.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    FYI, there are many types of "pop-ups", and Safari does not block them all. No browser does. The ad companies figure out a new scheme to combat things...etc

Cat-and-mouse arms race...

-kalik
  • Reply 3 of 6
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kalikkalik

FYI, there are many types of "pop-ups", and Safari does not block them all. No browser does. The ad companies figure out a new scheme to combat things...etc

Cat-and-mouse arms race...

-kalik

The best way to stop pop-ups is to stop visiting the sites that use them. Unfortunately, AppleInsider is a pioneer in the use of block-skirting pop-ups.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

The best way to stop pop-ups is to stop visiting the sites that use them. Unfortunately, AppleInsider is a pioneer in the use of block-skirting pop-ups.

The sad thing is that you are right. I am all for the ads but less obtrusive ads would be nicer and less annoying
  • Reply 5 of 6
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sc_markt

If that was the only site that does pop ups, then I would agree. MDN will probably be next with pop ups. And I like that site.

best thing to do is block adclick.* and doubleclick.* at the router, secondly I recomend Firefox with adblock and the latest version of this filter .

If you _must_ stick with Safari, get PithHelmet