AB and Google Maps

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know how to link the Address Book to Google Maps instead of Mapquest? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    jwink3101jwink3101 Posts: 739member
    I haven't tested it but

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...50424065456133 at least in tiger widget
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Outstanding! My copy of Tiger arrives later this week. I'll make the changes your link noted then. Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 10
    whiterabbitwhiterabbit Posts: 208member
    I'm surrised that Apple didn't make this default in the first place since they have a Google link in Safari. They seem to have a small aliance with Google.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Okay - I tried this but I get a text box that says my copy of the phonebook.js file is read only. How do I change the permissions so I can modify this file? I don't know what to select in the "get info/ownership & permissions menu."
  • Reply 5 of 10
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Does Safari 2.0 fully support Google Maps? Safari 1.3 doesn't work too well...
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by gregmightdothat

Does Safari 2.0 fully support Google Maps? Safari 1.3 doesn't work too well...

I've never had a probelm with both 1.3 and RSS (2.0)
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

I've never had a probelm with both 1.3 and RSS (2.0)

Type in an address. When it finds it, try clicking either Directions To Here or From Here. Nothing happens.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Quote:

Type in an address. When it finds it, try clicking either Directions To Here or From Here. Nothing happens.

The same thing is happening to me too. I use 1.3. Oddly enough, it used to work properly till around three days ago. I was able to click and get directions etc., and three days ago I tried it and it would not work!

I did not install anything, I did not update anything, no change from the usual at all. Odd!

Cheers
  • Reply 10 of 10
    eekles77eekles77 Posts: 58member
    Quote:

I have that problem as well and I am using Tiger with Safari 2.0.