Miss Universe 2005

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
We're number 1!. Miss Canada is crowned Miss Universe 2005. Go figure? She's hot. But canadians generally aren't considered sexy. Boring maybe. Its very odd, because beauty pagents are frowned upon in canada. Miss Canada pagent is not even televised. No one knows who she is. We're really apethetic to the whole thing. So I find it strange she won.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050531/...VrBHNlYwNlbg--

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    She does appear to be a beautiful girl.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...xbk11505310321
  • Reply 2 of 17
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Miss Mexico got robbed

most of the girls were far more attractive than Canada
  • Reply 3 of 17
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    From what I saw on the slide show, I will disagree. Now, as far as I'm concerned they are all pretty hot (except for China, who looked like a 3rd grade student), but this is a contest that's about picking nits. Canada seemed to have the most proportionate body, although she is perhaps a bit busty. Of course, that's excepted these days. Miss Mexico's hips were too wide for her shoulders. I don't think that Canada had the prettiest face, but it's hard to tell when it's buried under all that make-up: same goes for all of the candidates.

I'm guessing, by her name, that she's a daughter of Russian immigrants. Usually they drop the genderized last name after the first generation.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    I agree, I was hoping Mexico would win it too. At least the winner was from North America. Although, I do wish there were more Arabian and/or Persian women in these contests - I find them quite sexy.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Can we really make the conclusion "the Canadian chicks are hot" based on a Russian born miss winning this game?
  • Reply 6 of 17
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Amen to that.

I always fancied a belly dancer too
  • Reply 7 of 17
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

Can we really make the conclusion "the Canadian chicks are hot" based on a Russian born miss winning this game?

I think you were the first in the thread to make that quote.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

You know you wouldn't be adverse to it if the nation was changed to Italy.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

I agree, I was hoping Mexico would win it too. At least the winner was from North America. Although, I do wish there were more Arabian and/or Persian women in these contests - I find them quite sexy.

Indian women are quite beautiful.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    he heh this is sounding like that scene in The Office (US version) with Diversity Day....

hmmm, let's celebrate our diversity... name a race that you are sexually attracted to...

hmmm

i'll go... caucasian (especially natural redheads) and mediterranean
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

Isn't Arabian and Persian women beauty contestants a contradiction in terms? I mean they're strict muslim fundamentalists. Real conservatives! They won't be parading around in a bikini. Hell, you won't even see their face behind that veil.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Quote:

quote:Originally posted by DanMacMan

Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Indian women are quite beautiful.

yall aint never lie 8)

Miss Lebanon was nice
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kung Fu Guy View Post

We're number 1!. Miss Canada is crowned Miss Universe 2005. Go figure? She's hot. But canadians generally aren't considered sexy. Boring maybe. Its very odd, because beauty pagents are frowned upon in canada. Miss Canada pagent is not even televised. No one knows who she is. We're really apethetic to the whole thing. So I find it strange she won.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050531/...VrBHNlYwNlbg--

The date is 2005?