iTunes Pops Up When I dont Click??

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
For some reason, the iTunes Application opens when I do not click it. Why does this happen? I can be typing up a paper, and notice like 2 minutes later that iTunes has opened and nothing I had typed was put on the paper.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

For some reason, the iTunes Application opens when I do not click it. Why does this happen? I can be typing up a paper, and notice like 2 minutes later that iTunes has opened and nothing I had typed was put on the paper.

Have you got an iPod? Maybe it just got mounted, causing iTunes to open
  • Reply 2 of 6
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    well i do have an ipod, but its not plugged in and it doesnt show on the desktop as being mounted
  • Reply 3 of 6
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

Did you make a keyboard shortcut for iTunes perchance? Maybe control-I or something?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Well I just put Keyboard Shortcuts to default in case I did. But iTunes just popped up again. So that can't be it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Atleast its iTunes which I usually have open anyways, and it doesn't take forever to close or open, like Photoshop or something. However it is still annoying.
  • Reply 6 of 6

Hi there,

I am using Itunes for windows but I encountered the same problem - which almost drove me crazy.

Ad there were no options in iTunes itself, I finally decided to look elswhere.

In my case it was the (music) download program (p2p i.e. Bearshare) which brought the solution.

On the setup-tab you find iTunes: open it and it says: "Add downloaded files to iTunes library"

Uncheck this and it will keep iTunes from popping up.

I am sure other programs will have a setting like this (toolsmenu, settings, preferences) too.

Another option would be to kill the iTunes process in taskmanager - on Windows that is .....

I still think that iTunes (read Apple) should give you the option during setup, to choose if you want to manage your mediafiles yourself or let iTunes take over!

It is bad enough as it is, that you need a scala of programs to watch different types of mediafiles!

Hoe this helps, good luck