Next version of iTunes (iTunes 5?), any word?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    I would like to see the next version of iTunes incorporate an ability to suggest music to me based on what is highly rated in my own library. Amazon accomplishes this by a quick survey and by asking you to rate the items which you own. The results are not perfect, but every once in a while I am made aware of something I would have never found on my own.
  • Reply 62 of 65
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    My request is an easy way in the GUI to add if/or/not options (aka, boolean operands) to smart playlists, and without requiring fugly text input ("-xyz" and such) backdoors. (This kind of thing goes for Spotlight too FWIW.) That way, I don't have to do the messy task of creating one playlist of certain criteria, then make another playlist, the one I really want, where I create another set of criteria for the songs in the first playlist.

There could be a "record" function added to party shuffle and the main library that will save the mix of songs you're playing to a playlist. In other words, press record to add whatever track is playing to a new playlist, it adds songs as they play to the playlist, and press record again to stop.

I'm thinking that if iTunes 5 gets more robust music video support, it main window will probably get a GUI revision so you can see album art, songs listings, playlists and video all in one window. Video playlists will also probably appear with their own icon and features. The new view thing really is as simple as adding another pane on the righthand side, like how the iTMS lists artist pages and the song list below. iTunes 4.8 seems like a bit of a hack as it is in this regard. The option to have movies play in a separate window wouldn't be removed though.
  • Reply 63 of 65
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Two simple things come into my mind:

i want to label playlists in the sidebar, and maybe

particular songs.

i want to organize playlists as i like (not just

fixed at alphabetical order).
  • Reply 64 of 65
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vox Barbara

To simple things come into my mind:

i want to label playlists in the sidebar, and maybe

particular songs.

i want to organize playlists as i like (not just

fixed at alphabetical order).

Playlist groups as found in iPhoto, iCal, Address Book, Mail, ...
  • Reply 65 of 65
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Playlist groups as found in iPhoto, iCal, Address Book, Mail, ...

Now as you mention it, great idea.