LoCash

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Eery. My high school graduating class was also 72. And I know of one of my classmates who died within the past year.

As was mine. I don't think any have died in the recent past...
  • Reply 22 of 52
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Oh my God.

What did he post under here at AI? I vaguely remember M3DJack being one of his names, but I couldn't find a LoCash here at AI.

I recall him here at various times and in various guises as:

turborodent

M3DJack

LoCash

plus the occasional gonzo name change during his HST moments.

But after the schism there was a purge, so I doubt you'll find those posts.

Seems petty now. Whatever.

He was a character, and definitely had a wicked sense of humour.

He'll be missed. Many a glass will be raised from across the web.
  • Reply 23 of 52
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
  • Reply 24 of 52
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    I know we had some heated arguments... but they were good times

RIP bud... Hope you found your quad g5 before we did
  • Reply 25 of 52
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    I just got a call from the Grim Reaper. All he said was, "Life's too short". I'm not sure, but I think this is what he meant so I thought I better post it here as well because misunderstandings suck.

Vale Jack.

Despite our past differences, I had a lot of time for you. When I saw this thread last night, I hoped it would turn out to be an elaborate joke. But I knew it wasn't. I gather from something Paul said that Jack had a sister who died and I vaguely recall this being mentioned in the past. The loss of one child is gut wrenching. To lose two is simply too awful to even contemplete. My heart goes out to Jack's parents.

Perhaps something the living can get from this, is a little perspective. That the bitterness of last year was because people cared, because they valued what they had so highly. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking you've lost something irreplaceable until you really do lose something irreplaceable. Passion may result in angry words but what it signifies is far preferable to indifference.

Yeah, passion, that's the word.

Without passion, what you've got is just an internet forum, anonymous names that live only in cyberspace. Add passion, and you get something that straddles the real and cyberspace worlds. The downside, as we're now being painfully reminded, is that reality bites. That's why many, myself included, are having so much trouble getting their heads around this.

Jack had passion in spades. His loss reminds me not to take things for granted.

In spite of whatever words have been exchanged in the past or might be exchanged in the future, I value all the passionate people who have made AI and AN not just internet forums to me but something unique and precious. Words are cheap. Passion is priceless.

I note there's no word from Brad who, as cofounder of AN, I imagine has probably been hit for six by this news. I'm sure somebody's already thought to contact him and is looking out for him. I don't know what to say to Brad except I'm sorry and hang in there. Putting my thoughts into words is proving diffficult at the moment.

Take care all.

Please.
  • Reply 26 of 52
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Yah reality hit home with myself.

I turn 24 in september.

Crazy, I really like what you had to say about passion. It IS what makes this place special and a reason many of us keep returning.

I'm glad I've got to hash it out and learn from all of you.
  • Reply 27 of 52
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    Very sad news. Condolences to his family.

Rest In Peace Lad...
  • Reply 28 of 52
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    AN is organizing flowers and depending on money another gift for his family in honor of him. If you'd like to donate you can from:

http://forums.applenova.com/tribute.html
  • Reply 29 of 52
    schalliolschalliol Posts: 11member
    I've just donated, and I hope other people do too. I wasn't a member of A.N., but this site should be able to be for everyone who knew him online, even if they've met him face-to-face like I have. Jack's Internet community was much larger than his "offline community," so it's important that his family knows we care.
  • Reply 30 of 52
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    What can i say, ... unbelievable... sad.

This unique character, gone, ...

• Reply 31 of 52
    you hate to hear about this kind of shit about someone, especially when it's a person that you've had some sort of interaction with over the last 4 + years. my condolences to to his friends and family. does anyone know how it happened?
  • Reply 32 of 52
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    as of right now I don't believe anyone from AI or AN knows how it happened...

my apologies if that is incorrect.
  • Reply 33 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

as of right now I don't believe anyone from AI or AN knows how it happened...

my apologies if that is incorrect.

That is correct. Although I think anyone that knew him would have only two suspicions.
  • Reply 34 of 52
    Hey, life's fragile, really. Could have been anything.
  • Reply 35 of 52
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    God Speed
  • Reply 36 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Hey, life's fragile, really. Could have been anything.

Absolutely. I am just saying I have two guesses. We'll wait to hear if we find out what happened.
  • Reply 37 of 52
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I never got to know LoCash, but I can understand from what he did post on this forum that he was a very intelligent and funny individual. We'll miss you forever.
  • Reply 38 of 52
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Terrible news...the Mac community has lost a good man. My condolences to his family and friends at this difficult time.

Rest in peace Jack.
  • Reply 39 of 52
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Wow, am I mistaken or is this the second AI moderator that passes away? I cannot remember the other one.

Really "Weinen, Klagen, Sorgen, Zagen..." for his family. I am hearing it right now in iTunes. Liszt wrote it in 1863 to commemorate his daughter's death at an equally early age, based on an old cantate theme by Bach (BWV 12). Dramatic chromatic variations, heavy chords clashing in the keyboards, the pedal roaring loudly, darkness, terror, hallucinations. Sombre moments. "Was Gott thut, das ist wohlgetan".
  • Reply 40 of 52
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PB

Wow, am I mistaken or is this the second AI moderator that passes away? I cannot remember the other one.

Really "Weinen, Klagen, Sorgen, Zagen..." for his family. I am hearing it right now in iTunes. Liszt wrote it in 1863 to commemorate his daughter's death at an equally early age, based on an old cantate theme by Bach (BWV 12). Dramatic chromatic variations, heavy chords clashing in the keyboards, the pedal roaring loudly, darkness, terror, hallucinations. Sombre moments. "Was Gott thut, das ist wohlgetan".

That's right but we are not sure. Belle vanished from these boards some years ago. She had a very serious disease, so we have very few hopes. She was also a very nice person and I will never forgot her.