What Appletalk is reporting will be at WWDC

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
- iBook will have 1.33 and 1.5 Ghz processors, standard with 512 mb ram, no video card improvement.

- Mac mini is to be given the same specs as the new version iBook

- An Apple 4 button Pro Scroll mouse

- The 12" PowerBook will come with an extra ram slot (so that will make 2 instead of one)

- Asteroid will be a game available on iPod Photo

Appletalk

I like the upgrade of the iBooks as I may soon be in the market for one.

iDunno

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    onstageonstage Posts: 15member
    I hope your wrong... that would really make the PB's overpriced techno-jewlery!

john
  • Reply 2 of 18
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    I can assure you, every single one of these... predictions.. are so wrong.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

- iBook will have 1.33 and 1.5 Ghz processors, standard with 512 mb ram, no video card improvement.

- Mac mini is to be given the same specs as the new version iBook

- An Apple 4 button Pro Scroll mouse

- The 12" PowerBook will come with an extra ram slot (so that will make 2 instead of one)

Appletalk

I like the upgrade of the iBooks as I may soon be in the market for one.

iDunno

At a developer forum?

A consumer laptop and bottom-of-the-line desktop bump, a mouse, a ram slot, and a game for digital music player??? Doesn't sound too worthwhile for the thousands a developer may shell out to get a glimpse of a keynote.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    I never said they were anywhere near right, but it was the first site I had seen actually making a prediction.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

I never said they were anywhere near right, but it was the first site I had seen actually making a prediction.

The problem is that what they say does not make sense. There is no chance Apple will let this Radeon 9200 in the iBook and Mac mini in an update occuring after Tiger's release. They would replace it with at least a Geforce 5200, which is the bare minimum for the new graphics technologies in Tiger. Second, that kind of update for WWDC? From those alone I say bull.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    radiospaceradiospace Posts: 180member
    Quote:

..and they'll release a Firewire audio interface called "Tetris".
  • Reply 7 of 18
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    i've heard rumors of a multi-button mouse from apple for some time now. The debate is whether they should keep the one button mouse to force programmers to not take shortcuts. Well, if they released a multi-button mouse, and kept the one button, I don't think it would be a problem. Four does seem like a logical fit too, and if Apple doesn't relase it, maybe I will get a four button for these four reasons:

1.) 1st Button, normal left click

2.) 2nd Button, right click

3.) 3rd Button Expose

4.) 4th Button Dashboard
  • Reply 8 of 18
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    A four-button mouse, with special buttons for Expose and Dashboard, would be reminiscent of the two Stupid Keys (Windows and Menu) added to PC keyboards by Microsoft. I sure wouldn't want one.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    I just don't see any point to updating the iBook or Mini without tweaking the video card. As a matter a fact, I'm holding off purchasing a Mini until they have a video card capable of taking advantage of all of Tiger's advancements. It's not like it would ad much to the cost.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    No it wouldn't. Dashboard, well...meh. But I think it will grow on us like Exposé did. I grew to need Exposé. OK and I have a question! I used to assign the Fn key on my PowerBook to it. It doesn't look like I can assign it in Tiger. Can you?
  • Reply 11 of 18
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubs23

i've heard rumors of a multi-button mouse from apple for some time now. The debate is whether they should keep the one button mouse to force programmers to not take shortcuts. Well, if they released a multi-button mouse, and kept the one button, I don't think it would be a problem. Four does seem like a logical fit too, and if Apple doesn't relase it, maybe I will get a four button for these four reasons:

1.) 1st Button, normal left click

2.) 2nd Button, right click

3.) 3rd Button Expose

4.) 4th Button Dashboard

Consider the move to a laptop machine.

You are not going to be able to easily pull out and plug in a mouse (in some locations, it will just be impossible) ? be it a 1-button, 2-button OR 4-button mouse. This is one of many reasons the keyboard hotkeys (Shift, Control, Option, Command...), functioning in conjuction with those mouse clicks, will obviously come in more handy than a 4 button mouse. Apple will not release a 4-button mouse. It would be to incongruous moving back and forth between desktop computing and mobile computing, it is not simple and ultimately not as productive.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rongold

Consider the move to a laptop machine.

You are not going to be able to easily pull out and plug in a mouse (in some locations, it will just be impossible) ? be it a 1-button, 2-button OR 4-button mouse. This is one of many reasons the keyboard hotkeys (Shift, Control, Option, Command...), functioning in conjuction with those mouse clicks, will obviously come in more handy than a 4 button mouse. Apple will not release a 4-button mouse. It would be to incongruous moving back and forth between desktop computing and mobile computing, it is not simple and ultimately not as productive.

That is true...I guess I will stick to the 1 button....never had a problem before. I actually prefer the keyboard instead of a right click when I am gaming.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Jobs no longer announces speed bumps to products at keynotes. If they have a new product to release, he'll do it, but for speed bumps, a press release is all there is.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    krf68krf68 Posts: 2member
    I hear there is going to be a new 23" monitor with a new stand.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    spyderspyder Posts: 170member
    I'll be glad when Apple gets off this 1 button mouse thing, it just plain sucks. And a bump to the ibook with none for the powerbook? False. And you guys are also thinking of buttons in terms of "buttons" on current type mice. Didn't Apple get that patent for the trackpad type scroll wheel? Couldn't that be done with buttons as well? Looks like the current Pro Mouse, but with 4 different "zones" that can be programmed to do different things.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    carson o'geniccarson o'genic Posts: 1,279member
    4 button mouse? Apple can do better! Why not just put a whole Dvorak keyboard on the mouse. Beat that Wintel.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    I hope the mouse rumour is true, a one button mouse is really of little use in Maya.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    I still can't understand why Apple doesnt have an affordable 17 inch LCD to go along with the Mini.

And I also won't buy a Mini until they improve the graphics card and make 512Mb RAM standard.