Holy Cr*p Quicktime 7.0.1 is FAST ! on Tiger 10.4.1

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
OMFG sorry for the fan boyishness but i'm trashing VLC right now...

those poor poor VLC people...

but apple has got some kick-ass coders, seriously.

quicktime 7.0.1

tiger 10.4.1

divx codec pack for mac 5.2.1

divx and xvid stuff plays back fast, smooth, resizing on the fly is good, all on me

ibook g4 933mhz ati mobility 9200 256mb ram

i am very impressed. divx and xvid playback through qt7 (i got pro) now is like, killer smooth...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    edit: alias and daily show divx and xvids are sweet...

star wars clone wars divx/xvid not so sweet though... keeping vlc 0.8.1 around...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    So the VLC people are not so poor after all, right?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

So the VLC people are not so poor after all, right?

nah, they'll be alright... that patent thing with the EU is not sounding so good for them though...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    What I want to know is when the hell VLC will work on Tiger. Mplayer's interface is crap and hasn't been updated in years, since Mplayer 2 first came out. On the other hand, for some reason, it still seems to be able to play a small amount of stuff VLC won't. Yes, pr0n...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    geekdreamsgeekdreams Posts: 280member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

star wars clone wars divx/xvid not so sweet though... keeping vlc 0.8.1 around...

I downloaded that torrent I linked here, and they play fine in QT7 for Tiger (1.42Ghz Mac mini).
  • Reply 6 of 7
    danielctulldanielctull Posts: 586member
    I found this to be true of QT 7.0 on OS 10.4, beautiful! QT 7.0 on Panther was a little better wrt to avi files, but still jumpy. On Tiger it has always been jog free for me...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by geekdreams

I downloaded that torrent I linked here, and they play fine in QT7 for Tiger (1.42Ghz Mac mini).

i have 933mhz g4 ibook

or wait... maybe i was running that resource hogger Azureus in the background