Just ate (and made) the best fried bread I have ever had

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Today I decided to have for dinner some bacon (the american kind). It had been sitting in the fridge for a little while, and it was time. I had just come back from a 4 mile run, and decided to fry no less than eight (8) slices of bacon in what appeared to be a 10" pan.

I like my bacon crispy, and by the time it was done, there was a verifiable 2cm high pool of bubbling lard in the pan. I didn't have the heart to waste it, so I grabbed the closest available sponge: two pieces of "hawaiian" bread. After2 or 3 minutes in the pan, I had two golden-brown slices or coronary bypass.

But it was absolutely delicious.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    Damn. Now I'm hungry again.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    hmm.. bacon... now im really... was kind of hungry before i left for school... now im sitting in class and want to eat.. cant wait for the crappy school food! -sarcasm-
  • Reply 3 of 22
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

hmm.. bacon... now im really... was kind of hungry before i left for school... now im sitting in class and want to eat.. cant wait for the crappy school food! -sarcasm-

Are you in high school or college? I guess the days of wasting time in class on the internet have arrived.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Are you in high school or college? I guess the days of wasting time in class on the internet have arrived.

im in highschool... unfortunitly... im such a rebel to this school.. but.. yea.. i got done w/ my work early and so i hopped onto appleinsider... and so there ya goo... and now im in the library during lunch and i hopped on again... good stuff when there's nothing to do... catch ya l8r
  • Reply 5 of 22
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Why bother going for a run if you are going to eat that after it?

And what is "American Bacon"?
  • Reply 6 of 22
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    The opposite of Canadian Bacon.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    unless he ate bacon before then at like a salad after would be fine
  • Reply 8 of 22
    I thought that bacon would be worse, but 8 strips was less than 360 calories. The 360 cals was rated for "cooked tender." I like my bacon crispy. The two pieces of bread were 80 cals each, plus about 90 cals each worth of fat. Maybe a bit more. Either way, with the side of broccoli I ate with it, the total meal was less than 800 calories. Not bad at all.

American Bacon is in strips. I know the Canadians and Brits have their own, different versions of Bacon.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    canadian bacon is what ameriacns call ham. peameal bacon is what americans call nasty.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    gotcha... but then again.. i dont blame you either... bacon is very good especially after a work out.... it tastes good
  • Reply 11 of 22
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

gotcha... but then again.. i dont blame you either... bacon is very good especially after a work out.... it tastes good

Back when I was a 20 year old triathlete - I ate fries with brown gravy, cheese and mayonaise.

Yum!
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by e1618978

Back when I was a 20 year old triathlete - I ate fries with brown gravy, cheese and mayonaise.

Yum!

i like fries w/ honey mustard
  • Reply 13 of 22
    The usual order of fries w/ mayo, which is how I eat them, has more calories than my whole meal that night. Plus, not as much protein, if any.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    ha... nifty nifty.... yea.. honey mustard and fries are also good, havnt tried them w/ mayo yet
  • Reply 15 of 22
    power applepower apple Posts: 335member
    Strange how the eyes & brain can sometimes decieve you when quickly glancing over text... I read the thread title this way (I'm not kidding!):

"I just ate the best friend I ever had"

• Reply 16 of 22
    wingk1314wingk1314 Posts: 43member
    ^

^

ROFLMAO!!!!

hahahaha good one

>>back to the topic,

god this is making me hungry
  • Reply 17 of 22
    hugihugi Posts: 33member
    *gurgle* <---- my stomach
  • Reply 18 of 22
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

canadian bacon is what ameriacns call ham. peameal bacon is what americans call nasty.

"bacon" comes in strips in Canada as well.

Back bacon and peameal bacon are something different (more resembling ham). I am not sure what's nasty about peameal. Ever had it?
  • Reply 19 of 22
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I enjoy McDonald's chicken nuggets dipped in a chocolate milkshake.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by mikef

"bacon" comes in strips in Canada as well.

Back bacon and peameal bacon are something different (more resembling ham). I am not sure what's nasty about peameal. Ever had it?

I assume peameal bacon is what they market to us as "canadian Bacon." They are both pretty good as far as I can tell.