Mail forgot how to filter junk emails

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
This just started over the past week or so. Mail has stopped filtering junk and now it all appears in my inbox. Junk filtering seems to be active, but its not producing any discernible results.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Keda

This just started over the past week or so. Mail has stopped filtering junk and now it all appears in my inbox. Junk filtering seems to be active, but its not producing any discernible results.

Any ideas?

Is junk mail set to "training"?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    No, the setting is on 'Move it to the Junk mailbox (Automatic)'

I am running Tiger, but at first, everything was fine. I left the Mac (12" 867PB) turned off for a week while I was in Europe, and when I came back, mail was funky. However, I can't seem to link this behavior with any out-of-the-ordinary events. Maybe it just missed me.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    You could try turning it on and off or something like that. I've found Junk to be a bit temperamental under Tiger.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    I've rebooted a couple of times and toggled the filtering...I guess I'll wait and see.

Thanks for the replies.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Keda

I've rebooted a couple of times and toggled the filtering...I guess I'll wait and see.

Thanks for the replies.

We'll probably need to wait for 10.4.2 for a better version of Mail. When I read messages it sometimes marks them as read then a few minutes later unread again - it also moves junk around by itself!