Coming Soon.... iPod mini 8GB

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just saw this today and it looks like they are actually in production already. I wonder how long until Apple introduces a 8GB version of their mini.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000480046037/

Macaddict16

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Macaddict16

Just saw this today and it looks like they are actually in production already. I wonder how long until Apple introduces a 8GB version of their mini.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000480046037/

Macaddict16

It all depends on price. We are expecting to see a 80GB iPod photo this year though.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    8 Gb to 10 Gb is really where I'm wanting a mini. Less than that, and I don't get my full library, even at 128 kb/sec. So, one of those would convince me to finally buy again.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    I've got a 3G iPod (30GB), an iPod photo (60GB) and an iPod shuffle (1GB). However, if Apple can bring out a 20GB iPod mini (maybe 10GB) I would buy it instantly. This is because the mini is durable and has the perfect form factor.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kesh

8 Gb to 10 Gb is really where I'm wanting a mini. Less than that, and I don't get my full library, even at 128 kb/sec. So, one of those would convince me to finally buy again.

an 8 or 10GB ipod would be nice... i dont need that much space for my library, 4-6GB would be fine for me, but do to my lack of income b/c i was laid off at 18yrs old b/c the (nicely put way of saying) idiots i worked for decide to close shop and offered everyone working there to work at their other store, and the only one they didnt offer was me.... sucks, dont it??? so i wouldnt mind a new mini coming out to help buy the 6GB or 4GB... i have a summer job coming up to buy the ipod, but we'll see what happens...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

an 8 or 10GB ipod would be nice... i dont need that much space for my library, 4-6GB would be fine for me, but do to my lack of income b/c i was laid off at 18yrs old b/c the (nicely put way of saying) idiots i worked for decide to close shop and offered everyone working there to work at their other store, and the only one they didnt offer was me.... sucks, dont it??? so i wouldnt mind a new mini coming out to help buy the 6GB or 4GB... i have a summer job coming up to buy the ipod, but we'll see what happens...

that sucks - I'm looking for a job too! The mini is at the top of my list (under hundreds owed to Parents, college course, monitor for PowerBook etc.!)
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

that sucks - I'm looking for a job too! The mini is at the top of my list (under hundreds owed to Parents, college course, monitor for PowerBook etc.!)

ugh.. sorry bout that yea.. not having a job is nice that you have nothing ot do but relax a lot of the time.. but at the same time.. when theres no money... its no good...

and im trying ot sell my current ipod 20GB b/c its too big for what i want an ipod for.. and i hardly use it b/c it doesnt fit in my pocket comfortably... im a big pocket person... so im downgrading in size to better fit my ipod needs
  • Reply 7 of 10
    apoderapoder Posts: 49member
    Quote:

This is because the mini is durable and has the perfect form factor.

I was always wondering why it is said that the mini is more durable than its bigger brother. I have a 20 gb 4th gen and was considering getting a mini soley because of this. Can anyone tell me why it is that the mini is more durable?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Apoder

I was always wondering why it is said that the mini is more durable than its bigger brother. I have a 20 gb 4th gen and was considering getting a mini soley because of this. Can anyone tell me why it is that the mini is more durable?

It doesn't have to join plastic and metal. Also it's made out of brushed metal which doesn't scratch as easily. The screen is the same material though.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    apoderapoder Posts: 49member
    Quote:

It doesn't have to join plastic and metal. Also it's made out of brushed metal which doesn't scratch as easily. The screen is the same material though.

I see. I was referring to the internals (hard drive in particular). I could care less about the cosmetics since it doesn't hinder the performance of the ipod.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Apoder

I see. I was referring to the internals (hard drive in particular). I could care less about the cosmetics since it doesn't hinder the performance of the ipod.

Well the plastic sometimes separates form the metal which is a problem. It just requires a firm click in place though. The rounded edges do provide more shock protection but other than that I think they're the same.