intel to buy apple???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i've found it at slashdot...and some weeks ago heard the same thingg from somebody who's working with intel....i don't like this if its real in the future....

here is the arcticle...

http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20050609.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
  • Reply 2 of 21
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    It would be the best thing Intel could do to counter Microstink.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    macchinemacchine Posts: 295member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

Oh now I get it, the JD is what makes him talk backwards !!!

Oh now I get it, Yoda drinking and smoking is about as likely as Apple making babies with Intel.

By the way, Yoda is drinking and smoking, where are the women ???

I have been known as Mac_yoda from time to time.

• Reply 4 of 21
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MACchine

I have been known as Mac_yoda from time to time.

So where are the women?

--B
  • Reply 5 of 21
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    The first 5 points that the guy makes are answered by "because Intel has a better future roadmap".
  • Reply 6 of 21
    That article makes some very good points, I think he is probably right !

Apple switch to Cell does not make sense though because Cell is too new and there is the large fear that if Mac software runs on Cell, XBoxes could be made to run Mac software.

What really convinces me is that Apple could have gotten away with doing anything with Intel, without making any announcements, just because these rumors have existed and been ongoing for years.

So the only reason for announcing now is because Intel needs to make a lot of tech announcements, SOON, and wants to do it with Mac OS X or iTunes.

I have been asking for Apple to use Intel since before Jobs came back and when the cnet article came out understood all the good reasons for switching and before other people on the web.

Then this morning I decided that the real reason for the switch was a MUCH DEEPER plot, having to do with Apple getting some very revolutionary new tech from Intel. The tech I am referring to was in an article a while back, I don't think I should divulge what it is because this must be kept secret for Apple's sake.

I think this ALL has a great deal to do with the real reason that Intel's previous CEO was fired.

And I believe the announcements coming are about Intel's proposed server banks, media, and selling to the consumer -- Apple's job.

We may all be about to be conditioned over the next year, with advertisements, for something very new and powerful with media, probably cable HDTV over the internet available from Apple software.

NOTICE, it the demo in Jobs' key note.

Perhaps, a national WiMax network built by Intel with this media delivered anywhere over WiMax.

If this is the case it is actually an Intel, Nokia, Apple alliance as Intel and Nokia where already heavily allude for this, though that news has not been on the front pages much.

iii ApInNoki !!! Pretty KINKY.

I also thought Jobs was a bit more serious than usual and bit determined, or arrogant, or snotty, or something like that, when talking about Leopard like something really BIG is up with Leopard.

Soo what's up with that ??? Is this the return of MacTV all in software ?

They won't buy Apple though, that's not needed.

What about that Pixar, "MIND CONTROL MOVIE."
  • Reply 7 of 21
    radiospaceradiospace Posts: 180member
    Quote:

Then this morning I decided that the real reason for the switch was a MUCH DEEPER plot

SCULLY: What happened?

MULDER: We lost power, brakes, steering, everything. We lost nine minutes.

SCULLY: We lost what?

MULDER: Nine minutes. I looked at my watch just before the flash and it was nine-o-three. It just turned nine-thirteen.

SCULLY: Come on.

MULDER: Gone! Just like that.

SCULLY: No, wait a minute. You're saying that, that time disappeared. Time can't just disappear, it's, it's, it's a universal invariant!

MULDER: Not in this zipcode.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    If Intel wanted widespread acceptance of revolutionary new technology, why not just work with the company that has 90% marketshare?
  • Reply 9 of 21
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

If Intel wanted widespread acceptance of revolutionary new technology, why not just work with the company that has 90% marketshare?

Because "working with" is a two-way street?

MSFT is currently all over the place they want to fight everyone and every battle (games, music, video, OS, office, browser, search, et al). Maybe Intel couldn't get MSFT to return their calls ("Just shut up and make CPUs...leave us alone. Oh, and we're going to screw you out of millions of CPU unit sales by going with IBM for XBox!")

Who knows.

While I think there is probably much more to the Apple-Intel story...I also don't think there are large, cosmo-political movements at play...necessarily.

Intel won the chip game. Apparently they just build better chips. Apple is able to switch (took them years to get to this point). That's probably about it.
  • Reply 10 of 21
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

That would only work if that company actually takes advantage of revolutionary new technology. MS does not. They are dead in the water in that regards. Back porting most of Longhorns features to XP just hits that home. MS is holding back Intel. They're holding back the whole industry really.
  • Reply 11 of 21
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

That would only work if that company actually takes advantage of revolutionary new technology. MS does not. They are dead in the water in that regards. Back porting most of Longhorns features to XP just hits that home. MS is holding back Intel. They're holding back the whole industry really.

And what is really ironic is that Apple keeps pushing the edge of the performance envelope, using more and more cycles with various pro and consumer applications.

H.264 is the next "big thing"...and Apple needs more cycles.

Finally, while they have done a great job so far of keepign later and later OS releases working well on older hardware...the features they are pushing do push people down the upgrade path faster.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

JAJAJAJA!!!!!!!! muuy bueno!!!! <<(that's the way to say that something is really cool in spanish...)
  • Reply 13 of 21
    NO Intel and Apple are NOT merging.

But if you simply remember the obscure articles that have been popping up here and there about the alliance between Intel and Nokia to use WiMax to create a nation wide network and basically put all other wireless networks out of business.

And remember the business plans for Intel stated when Any G. retired, to build server farms for media around the country to feed our unquenched thirst for media -- it didn't make much sense at the time, WiMax was not a vision yet.

So the answer is clear:

Intel is building a national wireless network to replace cable TV.

Nokia will also use it for their own low cost wireless phone network.

Apple got in on it because they have the best software to support media sales.

APPLE HAD TO SWITCH TO JOIN THE CLUB.

Very soon Intel will announce their vision and it will be advertised on TV to condition us all into believing that we MUST buy this as it becomes available. And this is why SJ preannounced the transition.

No need for a merger Apple is just a partner in the deal.

A few hour later...

HERE IT IS:

As I suppected, its all about the Nokia/Intel alience for WiMac...

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050610/finla...ntel.html?.v=8

The Mac/s are going to have WiMac built in...

...opps, I meant WiMax !!!

Why not a Mac Mini thin client that requires WiMacx to boot and uses your HD TV for a monitor, and serves the normal cable TV media to it.

Then they could enable the iPod dock on the Mac Mini and you could take your videos with you.

• Reply 14 of 21
    Bravo Insiders! Tying together seemingly unrelated bits of news, and weaving them into an implausible, yet appealing scenario is what these rumor sites are for!

Keep up the good work.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    yeah whatever.

my aunt and uncle today were like

i heard apple will be joining with microsoft, there will be no more apple in two years time

WTF?

damn, apple PR and marketing has their work cut out for them for the next 5 years. they should hire all the advisors to the Bush administration, that is, how to educate complete idiots about the macintosh (no offense to my aunt and uncle, they are 50+ so they're excused)

in time, joe-six-pack will also deserve the Mac experience. let us share our compassion, not stay on our high horses scoffing at everyone else (although that's very fun from time to time bwah ha ha hah ahh ahaha h)
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:

The Mac/s are going to have WiMac built in...

...opps, I meant WiMax !!!

hey... i just found out i have wiMax in my town in my country now... local currency: $458 per month for static ip, 1mbps down/ 512k up. mainly for 'businesses'. includes free accounts for quite a wide hotspot coverage thing....

hmmm very expensive....

promising though

wimax on the horizon

MACchine how you enjoying AppleInsider so far? stay calm, yeah...?
  • Reply 17 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

hey... i just found out i have wiMax in my town in my country now... local currency: $458 per month for static ip, 1mbps down/ 512k up. mainly for 'businesses'. includes free accounts for quite a wide hotspot coverage thing....

hmmm very expensive....

promising though

wimax on the horizon

MACchine how you enjoying AppleInsider so far? stay calm, yeah...?

Mulder: They say when you talk to God it's prayer. But when God talks to you, it's schizophrenia.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    Quote:

Mulder: They say when you talk to God it's prayer. But when God talks to you, it's schizophrenia.

hang in there buddy...

edit: bartender to mulder in x-files movie:

"well, i think you've had enough, spooky"
  • Reply 19 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

hang in there buddy...

edit: bartender to mulder in x-files movie:

"well, i think you've had enough, spooky"

MULDER: Maybe. Maybe I'm thinking this was the crime scene.

SCULLY: You're saying Mr. Pankow had his brain very neatly removed from his skull right here in this kitchen?

MULDER: It had to happen somewhere.

SCULLY: But next to the shake machine, MULDER? I think that we should be checking out employee lockers and not entertaining the idea that ad hoc surgery was performed here.

MULDER: I wouldn't exactly call it surgery. What if this man's brain was eaten? I-it's not sociologically unheard of. There are certain tribes in New Guinea that consider human brains a delicacy.

SCULLY: Yeah, but MULDER, we're in Orange County.

MULDER: Yeah, what's your point?
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Quote:

SCULLY: Yeah, but MULDER, we're in Orange County.

MULDER: Yeah, what's your point?