Lortab Party! (xray included)

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Yesterday night, during a 6-a-side league game, I stole the ball from an opposing midfielder and took off through the center of field at speed. But I was fouled and went down hard, fracturing my wrist at the joint in multiple places. After having played soccer, rugby, and even ice hockey (when the opportunity is there) for years without anything beyond bruises and the occasional ankle sprain, I guess it's karma laughing.

So they've got me on Lortab and in a splint until they can get me under the knife next week. Lortab kind of sucks, but at least it's cheap. . . 50 cents per pill. The only problem is the untimely child proof screw top, which I had to deal with once and for all with a workshop vice and a can puncher.

I got copies of the xrays today, and I scanned 'em. Here's a good one. Xrays are hard to scan. . .

link: http://photos.clubnozza.com/xrays/xray2.jpg

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    jamwicjamwic Posts: 3member
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Well it was an aggressive mistake. That's commendable. It's not like you slipped carrying groceries outside the Save-A-Lot.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    The bottom line is that "shit happens." I posted the thread mostly because I had scanned the xrays, which I always thought were fun to look at. But thanks for your words.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

The bottom line is that "shit happens." I posted the thread mostly because I had scanned the xrays, which I always thought were fun to look at. But thanks for your words.

scanned x-rays are cool..!

but your wrist looks fucked. sorry mate.

i dislocated my shoulder about 7 times back in 1996-98 or thereabouts. went for surgery and stuff to fix it all up, hasn't happened since, but my shoulder is killing me today because i played tennis yesterday after quite a long hiatus...
  • Reply 5 of 8
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Sorry big guy. I broke both my elbows and right wrist mountain biking a few years ago. I got 98% of the use of my wrist back by stretching it 8 times a day with a 5 lb. weight. Good luck.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Just got out of surgery. Pins! I'm so glad that I don't have to have a plate.

Now I'm just a drugged up guy watching star trek reruns. sweet.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Just got out of surgery. Pins! I'm so glad that I don't have to have a plate.

Now I'm just a drugged up guy watching star trek reruns. sweet.

god bless health insurance

(i'm assuming you're covered and you've got someone to cook & clean for your while you're all recovering and stuff)
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

god bless health insurance

(i'm assuming you're covered and you've got someone to cook & clean for your while you're all recovering and stuff)

Thing is, the amount my company pays for my health insurance in one year is probably equal to the cost of the operation. I never get sick, and I don't break my wrist every year.

Ultimately, i'm not paying out of pocket, which is fine, but i'd rather pocket the cash and take out a low-monthly "disaster" type insurance than get forced into the vanilla HMO that i currently am using.

As for cooking and cleaning, i just cleaned before the break, and the most cooking i do is boiling or pan frying. But i'm thinkin' a few days of hoagies will be in order.