Imac G5

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
when can we expect the next update, i plan to get my imac g5 in early september but im worried of their being a release a month after, (happened with my ibook g4 which i bought last september)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Why not buy now? it was just updated last month.. so you can count on atleast a year or 10months before the next update... it wont come out before or a month after september... that much i know...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    i dont have the money till september

Jonathan
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by cdoverlaw

i dont have the money till september

Jonathan

ohn... yea, thats happened to me also... if you buy it in september, then it still wont be updated til may or april give or take a few months around that time i would imagine... my current iMac was upgraded in augaust, i got that same model in december, and that iMac was upgraded in may, but i think my iMac w/ its specs are just as fast but w/out tiger which i like b/c ive heard tiger ahs been having some problem w/ it...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    I wouldnt be waiting on a new iMac, anything above 2.0 requires liquid cooling and IBM is doing nothing on progress. For all we know this could be the last iMac PPC and apple intro's a Intel one in 2006. We will get progress after years of PPC Stagnation.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aurora

I wouldnt be waiting on a new iMac, anything above 2.0 requires liquid cooling and IBM is doing nothing on progress. For all we know this could be the last iMac PPC and apple intro's a Intel one in 2006. We will get progress after years of PPC Stagnation.

yes, this is true.. but im not looking forward to intel and mac... but thats just personal opinion.. yea, itll be cheaper, but an intel box and such and an apple cpu? i dunno if i would like that... but thats just me...

my best advice then, would be go w/ your gut, do what you think is best for you
  • Reply 6 of 7
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aurora

For all we know this could be the last iMac PPC and apple intro's a Intel one in 2006.

It could be but I don't believe that it will be. The first Intel-Mac is not to be expected before June 2006, and the transition will be bottom-up. This means that the iMac will be updated later than that. I cannot believe that Apple will let the iMac without update (PowerPC for our case) for more than 12-14 months.

Quote:

We will get progress after years of PPC Stagnation.

Don't let your PPC hate alter your judgment .
  • Reply 7 of 7
    why must they switch? but apple could do all that on their own if they really wanted too.... think about it...