Margaritas

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I like them. I drink them. But I had a discussion with a friend of mine; too fruity for men to drink or are they a-ok?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 44
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    frozen + salted rim = chick

rocks + no salt = dude

I make mine with Petron Silver and they are absolutely wonderful. I had 2 just last night.
  • Reply 2 of 44
    Margaritas ROCK.
  • Reply 3 of 44
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I don't really care on the frozen v. on-the-rocks or salt v. no salt.

I like all variations. And I like a lot of it.
  • Reply 4 of 44
    Ah. You're not into strawberry, are you? I mean, they're pink, man. C'mon. You're a Texan. I'm starting to see why your friend may be concerned.

• Reply 5 of 44
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Call me crazy but I never think about gender issues while drinking a tasty margarita. Or just drinking in general. Why am I still drunk?
  • Reply 6 of 44
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I would consider myself a very manly drinker. Aside from beer, which I love, I like whiskey, dark rum, vodka (but not gin), and the like. I drink them mostlt straight or on the rocks, but occasionally mixed with coke or ginger ale.

I will also admit that there is a time and a place for hard cider, hard lemonade, and the other alco-pops, but margaritas I just can't take. It's not a matter of it being girly, it's a matter of me not being able to withstand any kind of triplesec and most kinds of tequila. I'll drink a glass of Lagavulin anytime, but tequila is just awful. Triplesec is worse.

Everytime my friends and I end up at a mexican restaurant and they order margaritas I envy them -- but I just can't do it!
  • Reply 7 of 44
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    For hot weather days, among the most refreshing and delicious of concoctions ever created!

If you're a he-man, don't drink ANYTHING through a straw...

Hey g-rat, have you been over to Chuy's off of Barton ( I think...) for some of those Mexican smoothies... Ummm. Good Tex-Mex chow too.
  • Reply 8 of 44
    Splinemodel, don't feel bad. Many folks for various reasons just can't handle that crazy cactus juice...
  • Reply 9 of 44
    Tequila doesn't just get you drunk. It gets you...

that'll do.
  • Reply 10 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

Hey g-rat, have you been over to Chuy's off of Barton ( I think...) for some of those Mexican smoothies... Ummm. Good Tex-Mex chow too.

Oh man, they have the best chicken chimi's on the planet. God I miss Austin.
  • Reply 11 of 44
    709 ++
  • Reply 12 of 44
    They're both. I think they are a bit girly. But still, too good to be passed up anyway in spite of that.
  • Reply 13 of 44
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    There's a place here in the city that as long as the cops aren't hanging outside will actually sell you a Margarita to go. There's nothing like walking around downtown sipping on a frozen margarita. Oh, and its also my favorite Mexican restaraunt and they always have a baseball game on.
  • Reply 14 of 44
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    When you're a poor college student in Austin, you've been to Chuy's. Best value for good tex-mex in Austin.

But I don't know why the hell they use flour tortillas for enchiladas... baffling.
  • Reply 15 of 44
    It's been a few years since I last visited Chuy's. I swear I don't recall flour tort enchiladas! That's so freaken lame... You might as well just go to a Taco Bell or Del Taco. Sheesh. I hope the rest of their menu isn't being "Taco/Dell/Bell-ized".

Even gringo's here in So Cal know better...
  • Reply 16 of 44
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

rocks + no salt = dude

What on earth are you talking about?
  • Reply 17 of 44
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I don't really care on the frozen v. on-the-rocks or salt v. no salt.

I like all variations. And I like a lot of it.

I'm with grover here.
  • Reply 18 of 44
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

rocks + no salt = dude

This is great guidance. Guys should not drink frozen margaritas. Salt on the rim can go either way. I don't like it, but it always has to be on the rocks.
  • Reply 19 of 44
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Rocks/No salt is the only way to go - for me at least.

Love a good margarita.
  • Reply 20 of 44
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I sooooo want a frozen drink right now.

But the painkillers I'm on do NOT go well with alcohol.