Tiger-Intel on current generic hardware

jbljbl
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
MacDailyNews is reporting that Tiger-Intel runs on generic Intel hardware and is already available for download at "piracy sites."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    webwillywebwilly Posts: 11member
    I wonder just how 'generic' these boxes can be - driver support must be non-existant for anything other than hardware that is very similar to that included in the dev kits on offer. If anyone can find a copy on these sites of ill repute and get it installed it would be amazing to see just what sort of machine it will install on...

...There are plenty of laptops out there running motherboards that are pretty much identical to the dev kits but have pentium m's rather than P4's. I wonder if the build works with dedicated graphics or whether you are stuck with the Intel trash. Are intel wireless cards supported? If so, could this be the end or airport extreme and hello centrino? Oh dear oh dear.

I just don't want my next mac to have an intel inside sticker on it - regardless of what is actually inside.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    debenmdebenm Posts: 99member
    If you have watched the video of this dell running os X it looks stinking slow, especially on the minimize geni effect. Maybe it is really emulated on a dell and not truly running on the dell...

just a thought...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Maybe it is really emulated on a dell and not truly running on the dell...

I think you're right.. it looks like it runs about the same as OSX does in PearPC on my desktop at work.

Steve
  • Reply 4 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Or, it was actually running it, but didn't have video drivers, so the genie effect was software rendered on the CPU.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JBL

MacDailyNews is reporting that Tiger-Intel runs on generic Intel hardware and is already available for download at "piracy sites."

This turned out to be bogus - at least as far as the "torrent" that was floating around. This torrent was not code but was a goatse image.

I don't think that burning a DVD of the HD on the WWDC machines would have been possible - the Apple staff is hovering over those machines.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Or, it was actually running it, but didn't have video drivers, so the genie effect was software rendered on the CPU.

Of course no altivec