Michael Jackson - Not Guilty On All Counts

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Well, I don't know what to say.

I'm 90% surprised.

What next for MJ? I suppose it's time to close up Neverland, get some money together, and try to live normally. \

Comments

• Reply 1 of 41
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    I didn't follow the case. I'll I have to say is

"Heeee Heeeee" "Shumon" "Who's baaaaaad"
  • Reply 2 of 41
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    How many more kids? this makes what 3 or more we know of??? Lawyers $$$$$$ and a sytem wanting nothing more then the appearence of justice. Do Millionaires ever do the time? not very often because its about $$$$$ Multi High Dollar lawyers vs.......the town lawyer who is overworked,underpaid,.....few more adjectives. Jury was wrong, I guess a Wacko doesnt rule over a Jacko.
  • Reply 3 of 41
    Typically it's hard to get convictions on public figures like Jackson or Simpson or "insert once famous person here". They have the money for adequate legal counsel and that generally results in a leveling of the playing field and a loss for the prosecutor.

I don't know if Jackson was guilty or being manipulated but I think the man needs help in many aspects of his life and I want to see him get that help and avoid contact with children.

"you been hit by, you been struck by...a smooth criminal"
  • Reply 4 of 41
    He's been ACCUSED in the past, not been FOUND GUILTY in the past. Let's try to remember that.
  • Reply 5 of 41
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aurora

How many more kids? this makes what 3 or more we know of??? Lawyers $$$$$$ and a sytem wanting nothing more then the appearence of justice. Do Millionaires ever do the time? not very often because its about $$$$$ Multi High Dollar lawyers vs.......the town lawyer who is overworked,underpaid,.....few more adjectives. Jury was wrong, I guess a Wacko doesnt rule over a Jacko.

Michael Jackson needs to liquidate his holdings, fire his staff, pay off his debt, and hide out in Costa Rica or something.

At the rate he is going, he will end up either bankrupt or in jail eventually. In fact, if he goes bankrupt, he wont be able to afford the lawyers anymore, so things will work out in the end.
  • Reply 6 of 41
    spcmsspcms Posts: 407member
    Given the evidence, justice was served. Otherwise, nothing but victims in this case.
  • Reply 7 of 41
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Innocent or not... that man is still one crazy MF The damage to his "career" is surely irreparable.

Mike, I hear they're hiring down at McDonalds......
  • Reply 8 of 41
    I see a career in Vegas. His time for releasing 'popular music' was finished years ago.

Sideshow, or main stage - I'm not sure where he's better suited.
  • Reply 9 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

I'm 90% surprised.

What next for MJ? I suppose it's time to close up Neverland, get some money together, and try to live normally. \

he has no money.. he's about 200million $ in debt i think i heard on the news friday? so he'll have to close it up, unless he can come up w/ that money to get out of debt, then the extra to maintain that...
  • Reply 10 of 41
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    The jury is giving an interview on Fox News.

Saturday Night Live is going to/should have a field day with this.

V/R,

Aries 1B
  • Reply 11 of 41
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    well, someone made a good point that, even though michael jackson is "bankrupt" (or well into debt), the man can still hold a quick concert or tour and raise a ridiculous amount of money. the guy still draws.

i have no idea of the evidence in the case, so i have to assume the jury gave the best verdict they could, but i just don't see how anyone with so much fame/notoriety can get a totally unbiased jury.

and hey, don't knock smooth criminal, man. that's still one of my all time favorite songs...
  • Reply 12 of 41
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

I'm 90% surprised.

I'm not surprised at all. Saddened and disappointed (a little)...but mostly in the apparently incompetent prosecutors.

I followed the case...a bit...they tried the "guilt by implication" approach. It failed. This is good from a legal/justice perspective (I get nervous when I see people get convicted on very weak prosecutorial cases)...bad because Jacko probably did do all of those things (or a lot of them anyway). Of course there is eternal justice.

One can only hope that he got enough of the crap scared out of him to stop doing what he's doing...and parents...yeah...you morons that let your kids sleep with a 40 year old man...WAKE UP! Stop doing that! Eliminate the "supply". Duh!

P.S. I actually feel (a little) badly for MJ. Somebody screwed him up good...probably as a boy. Somebody messed up his head pretty badly. I think we're seeing the results of that. I'm not saying he isn't responsible for his own actions. He is. He can get help and all that. But he probably starts out further back than most with whatever someone did to him. And now he appears to be propagating that to even more kids.
  • Reply 13 of 41
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    OH... you evaluated the evidence just like the jury. I can tell from how often you hyper-enunciate certain words.
  • Reply 14 of 41
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

he has no money.. he's about 200million $ in debt i think i heard on the news friday? so he'll have to close it up, unless he can come up w/ that money to get out of debt, then the extra to maintain that...

Celebrity fight with Iron Mike Tyson?

• Reply 15 of 41
    feraliferali Posts: 175member
    hmm... sounds like another OJ to me
  • Reply 16 of 41
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

OH... you evaluated the evidence just like the jury. I can tell from how often you hyper-enunciate certain words.

Who are you talking too and what do you mean?
  • Reply 17 of 41
    I'm celebrating with a glass of the finest Jesus Juice.
  • Reply 18 of 41
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    M.T.F., heh, good one...

Let us all celebrate this occasion. From this day forward, it's OK for a grown freak, err, MAN, 42 years old, to sleep with 12 year old boys after they've had their Jesus Juice... Hip hip hooray!

Michael we love (sounds of screaming fans inserted here...) you...
  • Reply 19 of 41
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac The Fork

I'm celebrating with a glass of the finest Jesus Juice.

oh GOD damn, this is the funniest thing I've read in months.
  • Reply 20 of 41
    You peoples blasphemy will NOT be tolerated!

suckers