Which wireless mouse?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
In an unjustifiable attempt to clean my desktop of clutter, I am looking to invest in a wireless mouse. I've been reading the past threads and have come to the conclusion that the two best mice on the market right now are the mx1000 and the mx900.

I read that the mx900 will work through bluetooth but has some driver problems with the mac. I have powerbook - so the bluetooth will be nice.

Both of them require a basestation to rest on my desk, which makes me alittle skeptical because I'm trying to remove extraneous things from my deskspace, not add them.

Can anyone recommend other mice, or tell me about these two?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    groovergroover Posts: 29member
    Well I just recently got the MX1000. It is awesome and very precise. The bluetooth is nice on the MX900 but I got it for a Desktop so I will not be carting this around. As for what I know about the MX1000 It works great and I got it a ecost.com cheap.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    smhub1smhub1 Posts: 21member
    If you're not opposed to the one buttton approach, I would recommend the Apple Wireless Mouse. I've had it for about six months now and couldn't be happier. Barely noticeable lag, nice design, great battery life (with top-of-the-range rechargeables) and it just works without issue.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    zenloofzenloof Posts: 23member
    I use the right click function too much to pass that up. I just want to know the perks of going with the mx900 to the mx1000.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    drumsticksdrumsticks Posts: 315member
    Quote:

Originally posted by smhub1

If you're not opposed to the one buttton approach, I would recommend the Apple Wireless Mouse. I've had it for about six months now and couldn't be happier. Barely noticeable lag, nice design, great battery life (with top-of-the-range rechargeables) and it just works without issue.

How much time are you getting out of your mouse? I have an Apple Wireless Mouse as well and I get about two weeks on Energizer Ni-MH rechargeables. Friends using RF or IR mice get months of usage out. Do bluetooth mice drain batteries quicker?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zenloof

In an unjustifiable attempt to clean my desktop of clutter, I am looking to invest in a wireless mouse. I've been reading the past threads and have come to the conclusion that the two best mice on the market right now are the mx1000 and the mx900.

I read that the mx900 will work through bluetooth but has some driver problems with the mac. I have powerbook - so the bluetooth will be nice.

Both of them require a basestation to rest on my desk, which makes me alittle skeptical because I'm trying to remove extraneous things from my deskspace, not add them.

Can anyone recommend other mice, or tell me about these two?

I've tried the MX900 with my PowerBook and it works fine (no issued as far as I could tell). The MX900 is, in my oppinion, the perfect mouse. Its optical, has bluetooth, wireless and charges in a CRADLE. no changing batteries all the time...

I'd have one if I could afford one As you have built in Bluetooth, you dont hook up the cradle (only to power, not to the computer), so its only for charging it. The battery lasts about 2-3 days if you forget to put it in the cradle, according to a friend of mine that has that mouse.