problem with conneting IPod... help plz...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hi guys.

this might be very basic for you... but I'm kinda newbie with mac and powerbook... please help me out...

I'm experiencing problems with connecting IPOD Shuffle to my powerbook... powerbook just doesn't recognize it... shows nothing on desktop...

Ipod n powerbook are brand new, only few days old... I guess they've got no problem inside, apart from this...

anyone know how to make it show up on desktop????

please help me n really appreciate help here...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    When you plug in the shuffle is it recognised in iTunes?

If it is then down in the bottom right corner should be an icon that looks like an iPod (the one on the left).

Click on this and you should get iPod option which will allow you to set what happens when you attach your pod.

By enabling disk use it should appear on the desktop. It will mean that you will need to eject your shuffle before you pull it out.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    natopgunnatopgun Posts: 26member
    hi itune doesn't recognize it either... no ipod icon...

thanks for reply though. I'll keep try.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Does it appear in the source list on the left.

I forget to mention that it you need to click on this first before you can see the iPod icon in the corner.

And it is past your bed time.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    does it see it as a flash drive? or no??? i dunno if anything would pop up on desktop for the shuffle... but i'd imagine it would... i dunno if this could be solution as because i havnt tried it, but if you go to preferences, is there an option for showing ipod icon in itunes??? sorry i cant be more of help
  • Reply 5 of 13
    ormus1ormus1 Posts: 21member
    I too am experiencing the same problem, my PB doesn't reconize my iPod. This occurred after I installed the latest Security Update 2005-06. Hopefully this link will help explain things... then again, maybe not.

I wait for the update and will see how things shake out then. Apple has always been very good with Update fixes that ACTUALLY work.

Been with Apple since 12/02.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    I too am experiencing the same problem, my PB doesn't reconize my iPod. This occurred after I installed the latest Security Update 2005-06. Hopefully this link will help explain things... then again, maybe not.

I wait for the update and will see how things shake out then. Apple has always been very good with Update fixes that ACTUALLY work.

• Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by ormus1

if you dont mind me asking, why you post the same message twice?
  • Reply 8 of 13
    I don't mind you asking, I attribute the double-posting to a brain fart. They occasionally occur in people my age.

I opted to forego the pencil for a computer. As soon as I understand this thing-a-ma-jig called the iPod, I will dispense with my 8-Track. As soon as email catches on I see it replacing my FAX... what shall I do with all of this Thermal Paper? (I apologize.)
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by ragingloogie

if you dont mind me asking, why you post the same message twice?

Gives the post more emphasis

And nothing like a good dp to give you a +1
  • Reply 10 of 13
    natopgunnatopgun Posts: 26member
    thanks for your help

now i get it..

you guys r genuous~
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Omega

Gives the post more emphasis

And nothing like a good dp to give you a +1

ah.. gotcha, nifty nifty.. very good
  • Reply 12 of 13
    i had the same problem, i just downloaded the iPod software update from apple.com and rebooted. worked right away.

cheers
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by moscarda

i had the same problem, i just downloaded the iPod software update from apple.com and rebooted. worked right away.

cheers

Did not work for me. My PB (after the security update 2005-006) does not allow me to "enable syncing with this computer" when in the iSync Application.

Finder

Applications

iSync

Preferences

"Enable..." box in gray text and not allowing me to "check" the box