Sony BMG "Speed bump" for CD's

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
In this article it is stated that cd's featuring this new anti-piracy measure won't work with iPod's because they don't support protected-WMA's. Well they're wrong. The new Foo Fighters album (which is excellent) has a warning about this anti-piracy, and it works just fine in itunes and on my iPod. Just FYI.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Users will be allowed to make three additional CD copies for their own use and to store the music files on their computer in a protected format from Microsoft.

• Reply 2 of 6
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    The Foo Fighters album had copy protection? I didn't even notice. It rips just fine.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

The Foo Fighters album had copy protection? I didn't even notice. It rips just fine.

exactly.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    They said it would not work directly with Windows formatted iPods, although there is a back door for loading protected songs. They also mentioned that the copy-protection does not work on macs.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    kwsanderskwsanders Posts: 327member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lupa

They also menioned that the copy-protection does not work on macs.

Isn't that so sad for them.

Yet another reason to buy a Mac! 8)
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Telomar

Same here.

Silly really if it doesn't work with all computers eh? But hey, I'm not complaining.