The Way Forward (APPLE CARE) ?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
just read this on the new intel CPU

and i am thinking this is were apple may be looking as to give not only a realy top end OS and Hardware but a Top end support as well at if anything dose go rong bang one phone call and its fixed no leaving the house and not long phone calls about shut down your machine....whats say now... but here you its fixed

this what TOMS HARDWARE HAD TO SAY:

Intel demonstrates AMT for notebooks

By Barry Gerber, Senior Editor

June 16, 2005 - 12:39 EST

Scottsdale (AZ) - Intel's Mobility Group VP, Mooly Eden, came to the Mobile and Wireless World Conference to bring IT managers up to speed on Intel's Yonah processor, but also showed the firm's Active Management Technology (AMT) that promises to become a "virtual IT department" on a chip.

Intel is building up traction for its first dual-core mobile processor. Codenamed "Yonah", the chip is scheduled to hit the market in the first quarter of next year. No big surprise that Mooly Eden spent time once again to explain the benefits of the processor - ranging from performance to battery saving features.

Eden however surprised with one of the first public demonstrations of Intel's AMT. So far we had heard about this feature just in presentations and saw screenshots. This time, Intel showed a live system in action.

AMT, wholly integrated in silicon, basically gives IT managers remote out of band access to laptops and desktop to enable repairs on such devices. Out of band access bypasses the computer's operating system and other loaded software and therefore reaches computers that otherwise would be unreachable. As long as a computer's hardware is functional, IT staff can access the computer on a network and fix software related problems - even when a damaged device is turned off.

Eden and a colleague demonstrated AMT using two networked laptops - one representing the end users' computer and the other on an IT management console. The end user computer had been put out of commission by a virus that attacked its operating system. The machine was essentially frozen from an operating system point of view and OS supported networking was not functioning.

AMT connected to the wounded laptop using AMT and allowed control of the laptop using an out of band console, fixed the virus problem and rebooted the laptop back to full operability. Eden then noted that AMT went a step further. Once it is clear how a problem can be prevented or fixed, IT staff can automatically send out the necessary code to other vulnerable computers and then force the computers to run the code.

Active Management Technology is scheduled to be introduced across later this year in processors such as the Xeon- and Pentium 4 600-series.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    here is a link to intels site with a video on the subject

http://www.intel.com/technology/manage/iamt/

ithink this is what could make a big diffrence between apple and microsoft espeshaly when apple gets bigger
  • Reply 2 of 7
    spyderspyder Posts: 170member
    I'm not sure what this had to do with Applecare. Are you referring about this for mostly IT type people? Because the standard applecare convo goes something like this.

Me: Um, yeah, my keyboard stopped working on my Powerbook

Them: Did you spill anything in it?

Me: What, umm, no of course not. Haha, heh, who spills something in a laptop?

Them: You'll receive a box to send the laptop in in about 2 days
  • Reply 3 of 7
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    sounds like another way for a hacker to enter a PC or a MAC. Bypassing the OS...

oi!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Black_Dragon

here is a link to intels site with a video on the subject

http://www.intel.com/technology/manage/iamt/

ithink this is what could make a big diffrence between apple and microsoft espeshaly when apple gets bigger

Okay I draw the line with the spelling of especially...I mean what is the point of that?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    spyderspyder Posts: 170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by surfacenuts

Okay I draw the line with the spelling of especially...I mean what is the point of that?

Haha, Yeah. People don't realize how important spelling is. It's not that hard to check. Just right click on the word and select the appropriate spelling.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

• Reply 7 of 7
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Quote:

LOL!