Quote:

Originally posted by thefamousmred

Look what the cat dragged in:

Tha TrUTH TRaiN!
  • Reply 83 of 163
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Installer

So that's why my ears were ringing, ZO. Have been busy with other things, but will be looking in a bit more from now on.

Hello Powerdoc

Will you be changing your name to Inteldoc then?

Why not ?

As soon, Apple will release their firsts Intel based mac, I am ready for the change.

Inteldoc sounds good for me
  • Reply 84 of 163
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Why not ?

As soon, Apple will release their firsts Intel based mac, I am ready for the change.

Inteldoc sounds good for me

Pssst... I am secretely planning to register The Inteller

Good to see this thread moving up again, no?

- T. I.
  • Reply 85 of 163
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Installer

Pssst... I am secretely planning to register The Inteller

Good to see this thread moving up again, no?

- T. I.

Yes good threads never die
  • Reply 86 of 163
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    So, back to re-compile your Installers?

Whats up man? Where you been??

That Truth Train just scared the beejezus outa me...
  • Reply 87 of 163
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

... Mostly this is about the interaction between others but lately I've been thinking about how I view the forum and have noticed similarities with how I'd read a script. The members are like characters in a play. (Which BTW Hardee is why I think I remember stuff like I do. I only have a good memory for certain things. In real life my memory for names and faces is pretty crap. But here little details like your flagellum allow me to flesh out your character.)

Perhaps a bit off topic: however talking about characters

in a play, you all should remember the amazing movie

written bei C. Kaufmann ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND.

If you want to know something about Memories,

than this Movie is right for you. *Double cringe*

• Reply 88 of 163
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Funny that I managed to avoid the hole split.

Either way, at AI I remain. But maybe I'm just a creature of habit... I started lurking in '97.
  • Reply 89 of 163
    Interesting topic. I read it all the way through before I realized it was an old thread given new life. Just out of curiosity, when did AppleInsider start and by whom? A short, concise early history would prove interesting for us "johnny-come-late-lies".
  • Reply 90 of 163
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Well, in the beginning, there was a void, and God said....
  • Reply 91 of 163
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    .. and then there were Dinosaurs. But they got big and fat and died. They eventually became oil fields and thats why Arabians are so rich...
  • Reply 92 of 163
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Way back a long time ago there was a gathering place called CaveInsider...
  • Reply 93 of 163
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Was the site teal just before the black-out. I was a lurker in the teal days. IIRC, the words AppleInsider were in white in the top right-hand corner with pictures of some kind on top. Then one day the site was gone.

Edit: It's all coming back to me. Early '99 when I got my Rev C. iMac, Grape, typing on it now, I used to read but didn't have the balls to post. Forums were new to me. I knew there was netiquette and didn't want to look like a noob so I just read, never posted. I've been here too long.
  • Reply 94 of 163
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    My first post was was a reply in a thread about a flying car that ended up in the wrong thread because I was... well, a noob just like I knew I was.
  • Reply 95 of 163
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Funny that I managed to avoid the hole split.

Either way, at AI I remain. But maybe I'm just a creature of habit... I started lurking in '97.

Hmmm, that's interesting.
  • Reply 96 of 163
    useroneuserone Posts: 55member
    Before the 'Blackout': Appleinsider Forums [Future Hardware]: Sept 2001

archive is a bit sketchy but 2001 seems to be mostly there (when UBB wasnt down).

Wayback Machine: appleinsider.com

/userone
  • Reply 97 of 163
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    I began posting as a member here back when we had white and greenish text on a black background. God that was hard on the eyes, I nearly leapt for joy when they switched the G4 gray theme.
  • Reply 98 of 163
    When I first had pleasure o' posting on these boards I had the great honour tae be welcomed by none ither than Steve Jobs himsel'. (At least he said he was Steve Jobs, but he blotted his credentials by subsequently spelling 'color' as 'colour'. Yes - ye know who ye are and so dae we. Admit it man!)
  • Reply 99 of 163
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac o' the Isles

When I first had pleasure o' posting on these boards I had the great honour tae be welcomed by none ither than Steve Jobs himsel'. (At least he said he was Steve Jobs, but he blotted his credentials by subsequently spelling 'color' as 'colour'. Yes - ye know who ye are and so dae we. Admit it man!)

Maybe he be was using the British OS version as it was then? Makes sense to me

- T. I.
  • Reply 100 of 163
    Installer. It's yoursel'! How are you? Whit's happening? Have you brought Kate and Doc Cyber wi' you? It's just like auld times. Any word o' Steve?